Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for those that HAVE installed hitches onto their boxes . . .
NOTE: Scion/Toyota says DON'T do that and the xB isn't designed for it.

But . . .
That doesn't tend to stop us . . . SO . . .
What weight trailers have ya'll used?
I am interested in reference to what kind/weight of teardrop shapes campers I could look into. I find them cool and there are some designed for motorbikes, so I'm sure the box can haul one of a decent size. I just have NO idea how big is doable on hilly, mountainous, twisty roads.

An xB2 pulling an "old-school" teardrop would look kinda neat too . . .

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the xB pulling up hills. as much as the brakes needing to stop it. Thats usually what the max weight ratings are based on. If you are going to get a trailer upgrade the brakes. You don't need to buy those huge expensive brakes. You just need better rotors and pads. And yes you have to buy both. IF you buy better stronger pads they will wear out your rotors faster, so then you need better rotors. Plus its always a good idea to change both at the same time. Because of the composite design of rotors today they usually aren't turnable so its just better to replace Sadly now adays the pads have the same life span of the rotors. However I think thats due to the pads lasting longer and not the rotors laster shorter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was about to say, I've seen motorcycles pulling these before. *sigh* I would LOVE one, but living in an apartment, no place to store it and a significant other who hates camping....

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.