Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, this feels pretty nice. After about 3 years of fixing credit mistakes from my past , savin moolah, almost getting another carb I didn't really want, I finally have my xb! Not much yet, 2013 nautical blue with upgraded stereo. Haven't decided on rims yet so plasti dipped my caps lol just won on eBay the release series shift knob, wanted that baaay but didn't want the release series itself, go figure. They got me, with the extended scion boost, for five years. I said no but they said what if your term and payment stay the same, I said the only way is if you lower my interest rate, which he pulled off, so I let him! Payment is actually 12 bucks cheaper a month then the financing I had walked in there with! Sounded like a deal to me! Will get pics up soon. Let's chat! I need some ideas with all the possibilities! Kinda want a cold air intake. Can't decide on what rims with my nautical blue (which is a beaut!)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hello and welcome. :cheers: on the new ride. I believe there are a few peeps in your neck of the woods here..

As far as wheels you have a ton of options. And is a common talk here. Depends on aot of factors. What kind of driving and ride quality you want. If you plan on any suspension upgrading you want to do. Those would be the biggest two. Poke around...

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Welcome!
put up some pics of your shift knob installed as well when you get it!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Welcome!

Love the Obi Wan quote as the title . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hatchback

So it is estimated that I get the shift knob this weekend in the mail (crossing my fingers) but I will mos def share once it is on.

Ill also go do a quicky photoshoot this weekend sometime. share some more.

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Vehicle Car Center console Vehicle audio Multimedia
So I got the RS Shift Knob in the mail on Saturday, LOVE IT. Ive seen a couple on ebay go for around 250 BIN but I won mine at 163. Gladly. I much prefer it over stock. Here in the Cali heat we have been having, the rubber always felt sticky, this feels good to the touch. I wanna look into changing the color of the gauges and what not but seems like it might be a little risky. Im going to have to do some research lol With previous cars I have always done aftermarket accessories, but this time my goal is to try and keep everything OEM (except for the wheels). Not gonna lie, as insignificant as it may seem, it is nice to have the bumper applique, actual xb floor/car mats. factory installed touch screen. I know that there may be better out there but it sure feels nice. alright. i shall be off for now, got to watch the apple announcements lol

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome! Congrats and well done paying your dues to get here. I've thought before going the cheap car route for a while will get you the chance to buy a nicer/newer car the next time around. I've just ended up holding onto cars a long time myself... this is my third one at age 33, my first new one, and I plan to keep it a long time also. I know what you mean about the nice factory stuff... after playing around and switching stuff out with older cars, it is just nice to have the well made OEM stuff. I never really understood why aftermarket stereos can cost so much but still look like crap and out of place with them sticking out of the funny brackets. Maybe they've improved it, I don't know. I hope you stay as psyched about your xB as we do :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.