Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
The blades (I think) are called" beam blades", you know, new and improved, and quite a lot more in price than the older style ones. I would just shop around making shure that they are the same size. The rear blade is not carried by a lot of auto stores, so you might have to buy it from the dealer ( $12 to $15 ). BTW to replace the rear blade,you have to lift a cover on the blade arm at the base (where it goes into the tail gate). This will allow you to lift the arm to remove the old blade and pit the new one on.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I tried two different brands of beam blades and didn't like them because they didn't clear the windshield at the ends of the blade. The curve of the windshield and the curve of the blade didn't contour each other and about one inch of wiper blade on the edges didn't wipe the windshield.

I went back to the blades with the bridge work like the origionals.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised to hear negative about the "beam blades" I have had great luck with both bosch and rain-x on my previous cars. Of course they were more contoured and laid back than the xb. Good to know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got my Rain-x repel beam blades about four months ago, the blades have been great in the rain and even better when used with Rain-x 2in1 window cleaner/repellent.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I got my Rain-x repel beam blades about four months ago, the blades have been great in the rain and even better when used with Rain-x 2in1 window cleaner/repellent.
x2 on the Rain-X blades.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I tried two different brands of beam blades and didn't like them because they didn't clear the windshield at the ends of the blade. The curve of the windshield and the curve of the blade didn't contour each other and about one inch of wiper blade on the edges didn't wipe the windshield.

I went back to the blades with the bridge work like the origionals.
I too noticed that the beam blades don't rest on the glass at their ends (passenger side) when they in the "parked" position. I might try the older "bridge" style the next time I replace them. The other thing is that the older blades have inserts that can be changed without replacing the whole blade assembly(a lot cheaper).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Being one of those gear heads that searched for the "right" wiper blades (and spent how much?? lol) "high end" blades are not worth the money! Get the stockers or the reqular priced replacements. I've tried Bosch, Rain-X, silicone, teflon you name it.....save your money.

·
Registered
844 Posts
As far as I know the "beam blade" doesn't have an insert that can be slid out. The whole blade has to be replaced, but you might find one for the rear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.