Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I brought my Black xB home it raised a few eyebrows after friends- neighbors had seen me with many other type of vehicles, mostly trucks and vans. One neighbor call it a hearse for midgets and the "hearse" moniker keeps getting repeated.
But as I was arranging things in the garage, I noticed that the emblem on one of my MC helmets was similat to the Scion S .The helmet manufacturer is Scorpion. So not stretching my brain or squinting much I deduced that the new black thing a ma jig should be called - SCorpION rather than the "hearse" Make it so.......a voice said....
What do you call yours, and what do others call it ? : ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
You'll have to put "Scorpion" on your radio so when you start up the car it says that instead of "SCION".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gr8scape said:
You'll have to put "Scorpion" on your radio so when you start up the car it says that instead of "SCION".
:yes: It shall be so.... Step 1, read instructions...........arrrrrgh, --start over :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
318 Posts
Blk Box said:
gr8scape said:
You'll have to put "Scorpion" on your radio so when you start up the car it says that instead of "SCION".
:yes: It shall be so.... Step 1, read instructions...........arrrrrgh, --start over :rolleyes:
changing the radio text was probably the most frustrating thing i've ever experienced in a car. it's one thing to have a short message, but LAUNCH INITIATED takes up the entire screen
 

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
Joined
·
4,338 Posts
Here is the Scorpion site:
http://www.scorpionusa.com/home.html
Their logo is:


I do see the resemblance!
The name works and could be a cool theme. It also reminds me of the Abarth logo. Abarth makes highly tunes versions of Italian cars, esp. Fiats.
http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abarth
http://www.abarth.itgo.com/
(I can't locate their Italian corporate site)

I think Abarth makes cool stuff and has made some REALLY cool and sporty small cars (inc. race cars) over the decades.

Their logo:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,069 Posts
I've had my xB called Barney, Lunchbox, Ugly :eek:hno:, Stupid :mad:, Skion, and The Crimson Zamboni ???, among other things. I couldn't care less what people call it though. I lovingly call it "Schroeder" in my head. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
Mine is the teal toaster.
 

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
Joined
·
4,338 Posts
My xB is looking for a name. The old ones just didn't "stick" right . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
TartanJack said:
Here is the Scorpion site:
http://www.scorpionusa.com/home.html
Their logo is:


I do see the resemblance!
The name works and could be a cool theme. It also reminds me of the Abarth logo. Abarth makes highly tunes versions of Italian cars, esp. Fiats.
http://www.abarthcars.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abarth
http://www.abarth.itgo.com/
(I can't locate their Italian corporate site)

I think Abarth makes cool stuff and has made some REALLY cool and sporty small cars (inc. race cars) over the decades.

Their logo:
Thats the helmet logo and image on the box, I also remember Abarth, but more of an exhaust system from my British cars days. Didn't kow about the scorpion on the logo
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top