Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Dashboard in the xB is different from my other car, instead of shiny, it is a matte "color" and has the texture that reminds me of carbon fiber, as you all would well know.

What do you use to clean it? I would guess that regular cleaner is designed to add a lustre to the dash, which I really don't want. I want to keep it looking "as is"

So what's the best stuff to use? For all the interior for that matter.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
One of the best ways to clean the dash is with a damp cloth. Just rub it over the plastic. That is what I've used on my Miata for 11 years and for the last year and some odd months on my xB. I've never had issues with that process.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I use Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior once every month, and use a plush microfiber towel to dust it in-between.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i use meguiar's natural shine vinyl and rubber. have been using it since when i had my 02 sentra se-r. it doesn't give that nasty oily shine like armor-all. it also leaves you with a nice smell like any other meguiar's products. :yes:

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use a Swiffer duster. It's great for getting down in the texture of the dash, around the steering column, radio, cup holders and door panels. I bought one that I use for the car only. I also don't spray anything on it, just use it out of the box.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Surf City Dash Away is killer and nothing IMHO beats it! I used to sell auto parts and detail products-used em all. for the $$, this brand takes the cake! The Dash Away leaves a natural finish but with lots of UV protectant and as a bonus works as an upholstery cleaner! Used it to get out hair product stains from head rest, spills on the carpet, and vinegar from the seat! Neutral smell to boot. amazing product.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I use a California car duster (kind of a red mop wiith a short handle). Swiffer Duster also works well. Agree with avoid the spray products. Also try a microfiber cloth dedicated to the inside of car.

·
Registered
844 Posts
The Dashboard in the xB is different from my other car, instead of shiny, it is a matte "color" and has the texture that reminds me of carbon fiber, as you all would well know.

What do you use to clean it? I would guess that regular cleaner is designed to add a lustre to the dash, which I really don't want. I want to keep it looking "as is"

So what's the best stuff to use? For all the interior for that matter.
When I clean the inside, I use a little of the car wash in warm water and wipe down everything.Windows get a microfiber cloth after washing to remove streeks,everything gets air dried,dash,doors,columns,door jams,and frames. The only things not done are seats,headliner and carpet. A small brush to dust off and get into air vents,and around switches+knobs. It takes me about an hour, but it is clean.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I also use the ICE interior cleaner and it comes with its own microfiber cloth. Between details, I use a duster or plain water. Since it's not shiny, it doesn't show dirt/dust very much and it is easier to clean. I got a container of Armorall cleaning wipes that have no oil or leave a shine. All they do is clean. I use them on the door sills and hard plastic surfaces.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.