Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, these are what I use...

Clay Kit: Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit/Mothers California Gold Clay Bar
Paint Cleaner: Meguiars Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Polish: Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish
Wax: Mothers FX SynWax/Meguiars TechWax 2.0
Maintenance: Meguiars Ultimate Quik Detailer/Meguiars Last Touch/Meguiars Final Inspection (mostly as clay lubricant)

Scratch/Swirl Remover: Meguiars Scratch X/Meguiars Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0

Metal Polish: Meguiars Hot Rims Mag & Aluminum/Eagle One Nano Polish

Interior:Turtle Wax ICE Total Interior/Eagle One Nano Protectant (just for my seat covers)

Trims: Meguiars Trim Detailer/Mothers Back-To-Black

Wheel and Tire Cleaner: Meguiars All-Purpose Cleaner Plus/Simple Green

Tire Dressing: Mothers FX Tire Shine/Meguiars Natural Shine

Glass Cleaner: Meguiars Glass Cleaner Concentrate

Exterior Plastic Protectant: Eagle One NanoWax Spray (mostly used for headlights and tailights)

And...those are what I use most of the time, I have products that I do no use anymore, like Armor All Ultra Shine and Meguiars Tech Protect. :yes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I use the Turtle Wax ICE on the interior and I am happy with the results- cleans well, does NOT leave a shine and helps to repel the dust. One bottle has lasted about a year.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hellen4Wheels said:
Lots of stuff for one little box. About the interior, I would like to have something that cleans and does not shine. Will ICE do that?
Yes, it will clean, condition and protect ANY interior materials. NO greasy residues! And a whole bottle will last you a long times (get the lotion version in the TUBE with microfiber).

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? oops. These guys at work keep leaving the damn caps lock key on...

Anyway, a hose, usually connected to my power washer. Use whatever auto soap I happen to have on hand. Lately it's been Turtle wash with Carnuba bubbles in it. Dry it off with microfiber cloths. If I get a long block of time (if I'm lucky, twice a year) I wax it with Zymol liquid. Otherwise, it gets washed when it rains.

As much as I would like to, I just do not have the time it takes to keep my car clean. Besides, I have become rather disillusioned with the overall look of my xB due to the one huge gouge in my bumper (self inflicted): a door ding from a shopping car. Got most of the plastic it left behind off, but there's still a small scratch. And a small mark where one of my kids hit it with a good hard kick of a soccer ball. Not to mention a few other small scratches here and there.

The finish on this car is just plain awful and impossible not to scratch. If I had had any inkling how bad it was, I probably would have gone with the dealer offered scratch protection package.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Thanks for the tip about the ICE for the interior. We detailed my car last weekend and it looks great. Next Spring, it will be clay bar and paste for the exterior, but this stuff did a wonderful job on everything inside.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hellen4Wheels said:
Thanks for the tip about the ICE for the interior. We detailed my car last weekend and it looks great. Next Spring, it will be clay bar and paste for the exterior, but this stuff did a wonderful job on everything inside.
Claying your paint is very important if you want to maximize the depth and gloss of your paint. Polish and paint cleaner are optional, depending on the condition of your paint. I have not used any polish and paint cleaner of my xB2 (about 5 months old), just clayed and used sealant by Meguiars and Mothers. :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
HONDA cleaner and polish.
Great for inside AND outside.
You can get it at HONDA motorcycle shops.(not sure about auto dealerships)

It cleans and protects, AND it smells great inside the car. NO GREASY shine, and anti static

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.