Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know who else has had crazy stories with there xB other than me. . . .

My story is I'm driving to town at around 8:00 p.m. and i'm on the highway and I get pulled over. Well let me tell you right now what I have on my car . . 1. 6000k Xenon HID's 2. Custom blu side vents I made myself 3. Blue light strip across the bottom grille 4. White Underbody Kit. . . .so my car you can definatly see it from miles away lol :lol: . . . .well i get pulled over and the highway patrolman walks up to my car and says " how we doing this evening, sir can you step out of the car with me here". So i get out and we walk up to the front of the car and I'm thinking dang it why don't i have toggle switches . . .well he says " sir you know you can't have blue lights on your car" and i said " oh really" knowing fully i'm not supposed to have them on there . . . . Now here is the killer he said " sir can you turn these off for me . . .well here's the thing people reading this, the guy who hooked up my lights hooked them all up to the same wire and switch that turns on the yellow lights on the headlights (the first dial switch when you turn on your headlights) . . .so back to the story I told the officer no I can't turn them off. Well then he said well i'm going to need you to cut the wires then . . . . HOLY CRAP . . . You might think thats not a big deal but it took me like 6 or 7 months to get time for the mechanic to get all the lights hooked up . . .so as i'm cutting my wires i'm totally bummed. . :cry: . . . .So far since that day I have two of the lights hooked back up so about 30% back to the way i had it. . .oh well

·
Registered
124 Posts
Dang that sucks, I had a run in with the VA state police awhile back. I got stopped, i was riding with the traffic lol the usual. Well I'm the kind of person that always wears a seat belt. I had been driving for 6 hours so, i tucked my seat belt behind me. So as i get pulled over and think crap I'm getting a ticket for doing 80 on 81. :naughty:. So as I'm sitting there the cop get out of her car, and i go crap my seat belt. so i quickly slide it back to how it was. So she gets to my window and she goes "do u know why i pulled you over?" "I said um mm nope not really." she goes u got about 5 violations. One your tail light cover are illegal in the commonwealth of Virgina. Two your windows are two dark and there for are illegal in the commonwealth of Virgina. Three your badge around your rear view mirror is illegal in the commonwealth of Virgina. Four your nice scented little pine tree around your rear view mirror is illegal in the commonwealth of Virgina. So then I'm thinking that's four please don't say speeding. she goes " your car sticks out like a sore thumb, with all of the white and black u got going on" ... by the way u have one black circle on your bumper. whats that about she said?" It's so i can see when i back up. She goes "all black and stuff how does that work for ya" i said "i turn around and look with my eyes". So she chuckled, right there i knew i had her this wasn't a cop that was having a bad day. She started talking about giving me a ticket. I go in the commonwealth of Virgina u need a front license plate i don't have one, pa doesn't require one so do i need to get one made for when i drive Thur the commonwealth of Virgina. She goes well no that's just silly. I go "then why is it that when i go through the commonwealth of Virgina i get in trouble for my windows when in pa there fine? ( and the legal limit is 70% in pa 35 in VA so that was a long shot ) well when i got my windows tinted i wanted 35% she tested me i hit 23%. she didn't know what pa limit was. She was "like your tail light, take the covers off. I said there not covers they came that way. She goes dealers don't do that. I said Audi and my scion dealer did. so goes to the back and started touching them :D. She said well I'll be, i learned something new today. So she gives me a warning then tells me to be safe and stay low key. She starts walking back to her car, and in my head I'm like :p She only said 4 violations when she told me 5 thinking yes i didn't get a speeding ticket :D She turns around and heads to my car, and goes oh yea that there was one more violation ....... :sick: she goes " I think u didn't have a seat belt on but your windows were to dark. i smile and tell her to have a good day. Then put on speeding by Rick Ross and turned it up to where my subs were hitting i looked up in my rear view mirror and she was smiling and then i left :rofl:

Sorry about that, it's something I'm used to when in a rush. lol I'm a repeat offender on the forum. :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also when the patrolman pulled me over he said he thought my windows were to dark also.. . :lol:

Yesterday to top things off just starting this Forum I got pulled over again this time thankfully by a different patrolman again the reason was I had just put the flat black vinyl across the bumper and of course it's obvious (i don't have a plate on the front) even more than it did b4 but yea again, but to this day still have not got a ticket on my record. . . . (knock on wood)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.