Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used to get a lot of comments on my 2004 1st gen "mostly ugly" and people would stare at it like it was a space ship, but the 2008 second gen has only brought a few questions, but people seem to like it. I think the rounded corners made it blend in a little better. I love my 2cnd gen, but I really miss my 1st gen too. In a perfect world I could afford to have them both :lol:

·
Registered
141 Posts
gave away 5 Business cards for My sales guy From toyota so far and been spotted by 2 customers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Standing on the lunch line in the hospital cafe where I work, husband and wife talking next to me about that god awful ugly *** blue/green car in the front parking lot, "what's with that stupid light on the bumper" he say's, she is raving on about how pretty the color is, the car is as ugly as that "other car" she see's on the road, "that small box car"; I could not take it anymore, so I said "are you talking about that car right in front by the walkway?" they say yes, I say, "oh, that's mine, I get that all the time from people, you either love it or hate it" they were like :eek: and I was like :rofl: they wanted to die there on the spot!!! :lmfao:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bfreder576748 said:
Standing on the lunch line in the hospital cafe where I work, husband and wife talking next to me about that god awful ugly *** blue/green car in the front parking lot, "what's with that stupid light on the bumper" he say's, she is raving on about how pretty the color is, the car is as ugly as that "other car" she see's on the road, "that small box car"; I could not take it anymore, so I said "are you talking about that car right in front by the walkway?" they say yes, I say, "oh, that's mine, I get that all the time from people, you either love it or hate it" they were like :eek: and I was like :rofl: they wanted to die there on the spot!!! :lmfao:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :lol:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Most people Ive talked to think its more like a "real" car as opposed to the gen1. Some have also said since its got more rounded corners it isnt as box-like and is more attractive. Although my mom did say it looks like a small mini van, haha.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
on another board (non Scion and 99 % women), I've gotten

Fugly

Not my taste

Congrats!!! Finally someone that can appreciate an Xb

Very nice

It sorts looks like a compact hearse to me.

Nice toaster

Not my taste either, but it does look better than the old one.

drop my head and turn around and head back to my new 1984 Pontiac with rust spots and sun spots

at first glance the blue one reminded me of the "box w/wheels" they chauffeur Super Nanny around in LOL

Oh yes,, Congrats Shann!! Im happy for you and all that matters is YOU love it and are happy with it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Eric said:
Since that post, I've had a security guard at Raley's ask me what the white light is on the rear bumper and then go on to say how much he liked the new xB. And I had a conversation w/ an older guy at a gas station who may have mistaken it for a Honda Element, but really liked the style.
Tons of comments from people of all ages, across gender lines as well. All positive, with the exception of some ribbing at work from guy's who don't seem the type who would own such a car (big useless pickup truck guys). Couple that with the obvious looks from other motorists. The design does get noticed, and it's not a pricey car!

bill

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Two compliments tonite! At the hot dog stand, the teenage carhop told me she just loved my car and it was really cool.

At the convienience store, a guy asked me what color it was. I told him and he said he was getting ready to paint his bike and thought it would look great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had my SW XB2 since august. the first weekend i had mine a kid said "nice ride".

I have spotted 3 or 4 people pointing at it to the person next to them on the side of the street.

tons of ppl checking it out while passing them or them passing me on the interstate.

a lady taking my payment at a gas station says "what kinda car is that I LOVE IT"

a girl at work said "you drive a toaster now"

a very very old couple approached me outside of a steakhouse and asked if they can sit in it cause they "wanted one ever since our trip to scottland, we saw these little cars everywhere" I let her sit in it but I just so happened to fart as I was pulling in so it was hilarious. I think she checked her diaper as they were walking away.

a guy brining food to my car at Sonic literally flipped his lid and was like HOLY CRAP WHAT CAR IS THIS I LOVE IT

after I put on tanabe DFs 18" wheels and tinted the front windows, EVERYBODY stares. hotrod guys at the car wash approached me asking if I liked it, said it was really sharp and clean looking.

thats all to date

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
At Walmart, as we were unloading the kiddies tonite, a lady came over to us and asked if she could look into our xB. We said, sure. She says her daughter was was wanting to trade in her Gen1 for a new one. She told us she can get more stuff in her daughters Gen 1 than she can in her Durango!

At the gas station, the attendant asked us what kind of car it was saying he'd never seen one. He liked it.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
OK, let's see...

My wife: " I don't like it, but at least it's bigger than the Beetle."
My kids: "This is AWESOME! I love it! This is so cool! I got shotgun!"
My dad: "Why'd you buy such a cheap car?" and "Why'd you get a stickshift?"
My mom: "Wow, that's pretty color. It looks a lot nicer than the old boxy style."
The kid I drove home last night who babysat: "This is really nice."

Can't really say anything about parking lots. I tend to park out in the boonies :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm learning I'm going to have to start doing that. (it's just so dang cold!) The other day, at Walmart I parked right by the cart corral and came back out to find 3 carts just parked right in front of my car! I gave it a walk around and luckily, none had hit it. :eek:hno:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Shancopp said:
I'm learning I'm going to have to start doing that. (it's just so dang cold!) The other day, at Walmart I parked right by the cart corral and came back out to find 3 carts just parked right in front of my car! I gave it a walk around and luckily, none had hit it. :eek:hno:
That's one of the reasons.. plus I could use the extra walking.

I'm sitting in my car one day, in the parking lot of a local grocery store, just waiting for my mrs. to come out, when I see this cart come FLYING across the parking lot heading for this VERY nice looking Mustang. I actually got out out of my car to try and stop it, but I couldn't run fast enough. It bounced back pretty far... Felt bad for that guy. It's a shame people are so lazy they can't take the extra minute to put their carts back in the corral.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts