Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Scion, just got an 09 Xb a few days ago and really like this look. I think this is the wide body kit? Anyone know what wheels those are as well? Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
First welcome to the Scion family!:cheers: that is a wide body kit, its made by BRS and cost 3,500 to 3,900 dollars:eek: I don't know for sure but the wheels look like HRE performance wheels.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Those are the graphics from the Mobil 1 sponsored, Tundra V8 powered show car:

The body kit is taken off that one and molded to be reproduced. The kit you buy would be blank and probably just primered fiberglass. So, plan on a paint job too.

I'd also recommend the World/Descendant turbo (300 HP) and wider rims to compliment the wide-body. That body needs to look "needed" too look right.
Turbo:
http://www.world-motorsports.com/wmstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_5&products_id=42
And from Sparks (same kit), a HIGHLY recommended vendor.
http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=631&Part_cat=3&parts_id=3277

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks but if I do go FI, I will probably just get the TRD supercharger. I live in California where we have the strictest emissions laws. Biggest reason I had to get rid of my Focus was the turbo and exhaust which were not legal in CA and it had to be smogged. Decided to sell it rather than have to deal with finding and paying a shop to pass it. Besises, I have an auto and I don't think those take to turbos as well.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks but if I do go FI, I will probably just get the TRD supercharger..
Toyota doesn't sell the Supercharger any more, it had bearing issues and Toyota scrapped all of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Toyota doesn't sell the Supercharger any more, it had bearing issues and Toyota scrapped all of them.
There are plenty to be found used. I wouldn't have bought new anyways as it was way overpriced IMO. Not too interested in power though. If I wanted a fast sleeper car, would have just kept my 285whp Focus. I got the Xb to have a bigger car, 4 doors, AT, cruise control and something that looks good with some appearance mods. However, if anyone has any suggestions for performance mods that are legal in all 50 states (or at least CA) that would be cool.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Thanks but if I do go FI, I will probably just get the TRD supercharger. I live in California where we have the strictest emissions laws. Biggest reason I had to get rid of my Focus was the turbo and exhaust which were not legal in CA and it had to be smogged. Decided to sell it rather than have to deal with finding and paying a shop to pass it. Besises, I have an auto and I don't think those take to turbos as well.
Te descendant turbo works fine with the AT xB's. I've talked in length with them on that subject. Either way, for what you say you want the xB for, you'd be fine with a modest exhaust (if any) and a cold air intake. I have been very pleased with my AFe intake.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The TRD intake is CARB certified and comes with the appropriate underhood sticker for inspections- so no issues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Te descendant turbo works fine with the AT xB's. I've talked in length with them on that subject. Either way, for what you say you want the xB for, you'd be fine with a modest exhaust (if any) and a cold air intake. I have been very pleased with my AFe intake.
Are there any CARB legal exhausts and intakes for the XB?

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
TRD Cold Air Intake at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC
(Avoids in-state taxes, as Sparks is in Myrtle Beach, SC and has great prices)
Description:
Emissions-Legal TRD Cold Air Intake
Key Features Include:

• Emissions-legal in all 50 states
  • Dyno tests achieved 6 horsepower and 6 foot-pounds of torque at front wheels on test vehicle
  • Reusable high-flow, low restriction air filter
  • Custom lower inlet grille
  • Air filter enclosure designed to ingest cooler air and provide greater air flow

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TRD Cold Air Intake at Sparks Toyota-Scion, Myrtle Beach, SC
(Avoids in-state taxes, as Sparks is in Myrtle Beach, SC and has great prices)
Description:
Emissions-Legal TRD Cold Air Intake
Key Features Include:

• Emissions-legal in all 50 states
  • Dyno tests achieved 6 horsepower and 6 foot-pounds of torque at front wheels on test vehicle
  • Reusable high-flow, low restriction air filter
  • Custom lower inlet grille
  • Air filter enclosure designed to ingest cooler air and provide greater air flow
Thanks! Kinda screwed for an exhaust though I think haha

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
As most exhausts go AFTER the "scuba tank" (which houses the main "muffler" and includes the primary cat), I think most aftermarket exhausts are fine except for noise regulations.
Of course, I live in a state w/o emissions tests at all, so I didn't pay that close attention. I'm literally running a straight pipe from after the scuba back. It isn't that loud and happens to sound like the "classic" 4-banger sports cars.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.