Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah, nevermind. Sparks sells them. Tartan Jack answered the same question in another thread. They are 18" Enkei BRDT rims. Best thing is I can just drive to Sparks and pick them up. Not a bad price either at $182.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Your welcome . . .
(Never figured I'd help w/o even posting . . . )

· Registered
846 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At first I wasn't going to go with rims because none really got my attention. Now I'm curious as to how bad the ride is going to get going to a lower profile tire. Anyone out there see any difference from going from 16" steelies to 18" rims? Can I keep to 55 profile or do I have to go to 45's? The 45 profile is what tirerack suggests anyway. Also wondering if the added weight of 18"s will sap performance or mpg's. Any input appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
979 Posts
If you increase the rim size, you need to have correspondingly smaller sidewalls to keep the outer diameter of the tire the same. Otherwise, your speedometer will be wrong (I assume it would affect the odometer as well then). I would think it also affects any other sensors that are speed based (traction control, stability control etc.?). Maybe those operate more on comparing the speeds of the tires against each other though.

As for performance, physics says less weight will make a difference. Though I have to wonder if it is enough to actually be noticeable on a daily driver like our xB's. I'm sure someone on here has done research about it though.

I went from 16" stock steelies to 17" alloys. The wheel/tire combo was a little lighter. Mostly I noticed a slightly rougher ride from the shorter/stiffer sidewalls of the 17's and better cornering from stickier summer tires vs. stock all-season tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.