Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 1994 blue LX Honda Accord Sedan. It has

*A new rebuilt crate engine from Japan (with EVERYTHING under the hood new)
*A new rebuilt tranny from Honda still under warenty
New shocks
Intieor and exterior is flawles
Clean title only 3 owners
ALL the maitence records from my honda dealer
and soon to have freshly tinted windows (has that old purple looking tint on it thats starting to bubble)

Only thing wrong with it is it has a 1.8 inch crack in the window thats been filled and even though the engine is newish has allot of valve noise. Oh and a lose throttle cable but thats no bigie you just have to push on the gas a litttle bit more then say out XB's. Mile on the car reads 170,000 but again everything is new.

About $10,000 invested into it. My question is what should it sell for? Im asking $6,500 but would take $6000. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
101 Posts
What motor does it have in it?

Based on what info you gave, I think you'd be lucky to get $3-3.5K.

KBB value (again, based on the info you gave) is $2,825 for a car in "excellent" condition. I've found from past experiences that it's hard to sell a modified car. The majority of people don't care much about a fancy Japanese motor. Also the valve noise on a "newish" motor would scare the crap outta me if I was a buyer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Most people would not appreciate that you put money into the car. So you options are to

1) Part it out

2) Take the cost of the average motor and transmission repairs and add them to the kbb value then up that by 10% and make that your starting figure but know that you are willing to sell for less.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its a stock motor I didnt race it (who races an accord lol) KBB is crap becasue of the way it factors things in. In my area 98501 cars with the same mile 100+ go for about 3-6k and those are stock cars with old parts. My parts are new. Yes the body is from 1994 and the interior is from 94 but everything else is from 2006 (Besides the rebuilt engine parts and tranny) thats why i factored it in that price. The accual mileage is under 50k. Go to auto trader.com and look at what kind of cars you get for 6k. I think mine would be competitive to those cars but hey i may be wrong. I know I wont get near what I out into it but I would rather take a 5k loss and have someone enjoy and drive it then have it sit in my driveway. Thanks for your opions though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm a honda guy as well, if everything is new like you say and the year it is $6,000 seems pretty darn fair to me...They go for that on used lots here in kansas with 170,000 miles on OG motor! The right buyer will buy. :yes:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info that makes me feel a little better. Ill be listing her at the end of next week or early the following to lets hope she goes fast so I can "pimp" my ride.

·
Registered
30 Posts
so did you ever sell your accord?

if you where here in Texas you would still have it at the price you are asking

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.