Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my five axis kit a few days ago.The only one on guam with it right now!!!. its in the shop getting painted right now..i was just wondering what springs i should get... i really like the look of the tanabe df210's but it is too low!!! i read on another forum that a guy who had this set up.. five axis kit with df210's ruin his lip kit.. so i narrowed it down to two!! its either eibach pro kit or the tanabe nf210.. here on guam the roads can be very bad in certain areas..i dont usually drive in these areas but i want my box to be able to go through rough roads with out scraping or bottoming out!! i saw some pics of box's with five axis kits and nf210s.. i just want to see a pic of a car with 18 inch rims on it too.. can anyone help me out?? what spring should i get??

·
Registered
528 Posts
Springs won't ruin your lip kit, how you drive will. If you're bombing neighborhoods with huge speedbumps, you'll take care of the lip kit in a hurry.
If you're conscious of what you're doing, take things slow, and take the bumps/dips/whatevers at an angle, you should be fine.

Another determining factor are your tire and wheel choice.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know that springs wont ruin my kit!!! i was just saying that the guy who had that set up said it was too low and he messed up his kit...my driving is not a issue... i am used to driving low cars.. but i am new to the whole scion thing..and i never drove on drop springs.. i used to drive a honda civic.. and it was slammed!!! but even how much of a careful driver i am i have a family and i dont want to drive around in a slammed scion xb.. haha i sound so old now.. i used to love driving a really low car but now i have to be realistic.. I am going to be a father one day... and my car is still a family car... so i do not think driving a really low car is the smart decision. but i was just wondering about what springs i should get between the two.. i am rolling on 18x7 rims and 40 series tires.. i really just want to rear end to be allot lower than it is right now..

·
Premium Member
811 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm with Hellen. I'd opt for the NF210's because it'll lower you a smidge and you won't be so low as to rip off the beeeeautiful 5Axis kit. :D

Plus, the springs will make it ride better, IMO. I have the Hotchkis springs and I'm pretty dumped. But I'm single and not exactly a prospective father!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks allot.. i have decided to go with the nf210 i saw the drop on hellens car and it looks great...and its not too low.. the roads on guam can really be bad at times.. i usually have to take the longer ways to work just so that i wont mess up my rims..

·
Registered
49 Posts
xseveredveganx said:
Depending on the offset of your wheels, you should be fine. Most 20x7.5 wheels have pretty conservative offsets.

I've been running my OEM struts and shocks with my Hotchkis springs for 30,000+ miles. I haven't had a problem yet.
So Hotchkis springs work just fine with a 20x7.5 rim? My offset is 40. I was thinking Hotchkis but I thought it wouldn't work, but I know the Hotchkis are very stiff.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't see why they wouldn't. If you got the right size tire, you should be fine. It's worth a try. If you really like the wheels, and if something doesn't go right with the Hotchkis springs, then sell the springs! Lesser of the two and you can scoop up some Eibachs or Tanabes! :yes:

But I think you'll be fine. I plan on running 19x8.5's and 19x9.5's. If I rub, I'll just roll everything and use a hammer. If that doesn't work, I'll get a bigger hammer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.