Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why does the bottom tube go down into the bumper, and then wrap BACK UP into the engine bay??? that doesn't make any sense to me. i heard someone say on these forums or clubxb.com's forums about how if dealers knew of a way to add engine power and increase mpg in an easy low-cost way, then they would go that route. but scion didn't seem to.

why couldn't they have just replaced the driver side bumper insert thingy with honeycomb ones (for lots of air to pass through) and then just make the tube terminate inside the bumper in front of the new insert so that (COLD) air has a DIRECT route to the intake? wouldn't that dramatically increase power while actually cutting costs of materials used since less tubing would be employed?

· Registered
294 Posts
I think this will be my first mod removing that damn thing let it breath I say....................... :sick:

· Registered
294 Posts
Aljay said:
I think this will be my first mod removing that damn thing let it breath I say....................... :sick:
Got busted "Jacken" with my new car by the future wife I had to put it back on............................ ! Shizzle...!

· Registered
294 Posts
All I want is more MPG's Shes like its not broken in yet................I am avg.25.4 right now it has 250 miles on it......Guess I am just a true car guy at heart I cant leave anything alone my 3/4 ford diesel is modded and when not blowen coal it gets damn good mialege .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.