Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was going home from work. going across the brigde im about half way then all of a sudden i here a rubbing sound for a sceond or two then it stop what the ****. i make it to gas station on the other side trying to figure out what was rubbing. i found out what it was.....i lost my hole driver side iner wheel well. you know the big plastic peace YA GONE...

so went back over again trying to find that plastic peace all i found was is

more pictures

· Registered
783 Posts
rockauto.com under Body-exterior, it's listed as Inner fender "LT Front fender inner panel (Only 3 Remaining)"

so, Scion>xB>Body-Exterior>InnerFender>the part. 36 bucks. I priced it at 110 at my local toyota dealer.

· Registered
287 Posts
kinda of the same thing happened to me. We were headed back from SD and rubbing sound happened. I had to cut my passenger side wheel well plastic in the front. thinking about replacing it. is it worth it??

· Registered
846 Posts
I was thinking, if the ride is lowered and the wheels hit a bump,does the wheel hit the liner. After time, this could cause the liner to break away.

· Registered
658 Posts
i was jus in the shop for a oil change and new air filter so ya. you have to take off one of splash guard to get it.

I thought so.:D

I would suggest taking it elsewhere next time or atleast making sure they do it right before leaving. Could've damaged another vehicle or your own pretty easy.

· Registered
658 Posts
I was thinking, if the ride is lowered and the wheels hit a bump,does the wheel hit the liner. After time, this could cause the liner to break away.
The way they're designed they would actually wear away before they would fall off. Basically, the only way this would happen is wearing a hole in the piece and then having that catch on to the tire on a bump. That said, its very unlikely this would happen without being noticed. The dirt from the tires in the engine bay would be a dead giveaway.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought so.:D

I would suggest taking it elsewhere next time or atleast making sure they do it right before leaving. Could've damaged another vehicle or your own pretty easy.
that was the dealship that did the oil change and new filter...so i told them what happen. they said "ok will fix it for you" thats all they said and they order the new part right then and there lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.