Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, brand new 2011 XB owner here.
Had the car for only 1 week, washed it for the first time and look what I have discovered? It’s on the lower side of the driver’s door.
I was furious when I saw that, a rusted stone chip on a brand new car.
There was also one on the hood but it was already touched up before, looks like by the dealer.
I’ll be taking it back to the dealer to have it fixed.

What would you do if you find this out on your new car?

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
I would return it all together if possible. If not, take some valuable lessons from this. If you can return it, make sure you properly look over the next one. I spend atleast an hour going over the vehicle I'm planning to buy before buying it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ouch. I would be upset. I found a chip shortly after I bought mine, but I didn't have rust.
This brings up a question. Does the corrosion warranty cover stuff like this, or only if it rusts all the way through?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Take a close look at the inside of the door down at the bottom. That rust looks like it is under the paint, maybe the car has been in a slight accident before they sold it to you. See if you can see any signs of previous repairs, i.e. paint overspray.

I believe that the corrosion warranty only covers rust that start from the inside, not from the top of the paint. If they covered rust from the top surface all of us would be having them repair the damage from stone chips.

If you just bought this vehicle I believe that they will cover this with no cost to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.