Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
other than the fact that it comes with a sunroof and gold paint? isn't it basically a regular xb with extra mods added, at a price that you'd be paying had you ordered a regular xb + the mods?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I think the fact that there were only 2500 made with this color and interior coloring and fabric is an important factor. And the sunroof. Yeah, it's a regular xB, just has things added others dont' have.

·
Registered
180 Posts
To me the way the interior color contrasts with the gold accents is awesome, also while I love me Naut Blue I think the Gold Rush is kick ***.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Shancopp said:
I think the fact that there were only 2500 made with this color and interior coloring and fabric is an important factor. And the sunroof. Yeah, it's a regular xB, just has things added others dont' have.
What Shancopp said. The fact that it is a limited edition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is an unusual color that you either love or hate, and some feel there is too much gold in the interior. The seat fabric does contrast nicely with the car, but again, some hate it. The body kit is ok, unless you're into a more aggressive look. But it is the only way you can get a factory sun roof. I wanted the sun roof, and didn't want an aftermarket one that could leak eventually. I hated the gold at first, but kept coming back to it. It stands out --like a sore thumb, maybe...lol. But I won't loose it in a parking lot. Lowering springs and 19" wheels made it look better. Changing out the grill next - one I find a smoked chrome billet style one...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
The sunroof pretty much covers most of the extra cost. I love the color. Love it even more every day and I have no trouble finding it in a parking lot. I didn't like they body kit one bit. So I sold it and bought the one I like. Didn't think I was going to like the interior but I love it and it won me $100 on saturday. Plus its numbered.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Why do I love my 5.0:

1. The unique car (xb) combined with the unique color (mica gold) makes it all the more???? UNIQUE.
2. The way the interior complements the exterior instead of the basic colors.
3. Limited Edition.
4. Haven't seen another one on the road yet, except for my buddies whose wife fell in love with mine and had to have one. But they live over 50 miles away.
5. The sunroof
6. The looks I get when I'm cruising.
7. The way people just have to go over and look at it in a parking lot.
8. Even though there a a lot of other make cars that are gold on the road, nothing compares to the XB.
9. How easy it is to find in a parking lot.
10. It is half of the Marine Corps colors.

More to come... :rofl:

·
Registered
347 Posts
I looked at the 5.0 and liked it, wife did not. We did agree on the Silver which I got. Don't misunderstand me, I really like my classic silver metallic, I just wish there was a moonroof option.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I was in love with the RS 5.0 the moment I saw this picture.

I got the same body kit, and same color wheels. I would have had the same exact wheels but they cost $600 each. If only they made those fog lights.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
No sunroof. That car was actually given to five axis before the xB came out. They hooked it up like that to show the potential the xB had. The color was so populer scion made the RS in as close to that color as they could get. So yeah no sunroof on that model.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Well yeah I do like that color better. Its more orange and less yellow. However I still love my GRM. If you ever pay attention to that scion commercial with the wreaking ball, both scions are this color. Problem is that the color is a special paint job. Someone once descrbed in detail the process required to get that color. Its very complex.

·
Registered
111 Posts
they look like they r made with the same material as the grille

i whish they also made a vent for the rs 5.0 kit suks cant run a long ram air intake in to the front bumper with the kenstyle kit on there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.