Scion XB Forum banner

What's Your Favorite OVER-THE-COUNTER Car Wax?

• Mothers FX SynWax

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mothers Reflections

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have used the first Tech Wax, and currently using FX Synwax.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I know it's not the greatest, but I've been using Turtle Wax ICE because I can put it on in the sun and use it on all areas of the car, including the black plastic & rubber trim as it doesn't leave a white film. Our driveway doesn't get much shade and I don't have a lot of time to put into washing & waxing, so it's worked out well for me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am currently using Mothers FX Synwax, about 1/3 left in the bottle. Also, after I finish the Synwax, I have a full bottle of Meguiars NXT TechWax 2.0. I also still have the oil TechWax.

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
I've been using Zymol liquid on my xB, used it on my Beetle before that. Wal-mart, of all places. Goes on easy, comes right off and leaves a good shine. I *really* need to wash and wax my xB.

And I like the banana smell :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
the Meguiars NXT 2.0 is killer for the $$ and now available in paste or polish. Comes off real easy too! Surf City makes one slightly better.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I use Smartwax. It's pricey but does not cake onto the car and can be removed easily even though you leave it on for a while. You can actually apply to the entire car before you wipe it off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm a big fan of Meguires NXT Tech Wax 2.0.....

I took a chance and used this, this weekend.

Amazing results..... so I voted "other".

·
Registered
601 Posts
Has anybody every tried Superior Products Slick Finish?
All Products - Polishes / Waxes / Sealers / Glazes - Superior Products

I got this stuff from a limousine company that my parents knew way back when I had my 93 T-bird and I still think it was the best wax I've used. It's liquid, was really easy to apply and buff off, and it was really slick. (I used their soap too, I think it was Dirt Buster II and that worked great too.)

A few weeks ago I looked it up and was happy to find it. I figured it was just an industrial product since the label was extremely plain and kind of funny and I'd never be able to find it, but now that I found it, I'll get it next time I need wax. I still have some of a regular Turtle Wax left. The Liquid Pearl there is a little more expensive so maybe it's even better? I see they sell soap/wax/prewash products to car washes also.

·
Registered
841 Posts
For the past couple of years, I've been using Nu Finish. So far, I've not had any problems with it. The claims of it lasting a year have shone to be true. Once a year, I follow the instructions on the bottle and put two coats on 30 days apart.

·
Registered
601 Posts
For the past couple of years, I've been using Nu Finish. So far, I've not had any problems with it. The claims of it lasting a year have shone to be true. Once a year, I follow the instructions on the bottle and put two coats on 30 days apart.
Wow good to know. Score another one for plain branding, hehe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts