Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ran across an awesome set of wheels on a local forum, but they're on an s2k. They are for sale at a ridiculous price because the guy wants to move them....but they are flush on the s2k...which means the offsets are probably between +55 and +65. (Now, I'm a bit of an aftermarket wheel noob...but I know they will sit MUCH farther into the wheelwell...and depending on width, they might rub suspension components?) Would it be worth it to pick these up and get some monster wheel spacers?

· Registered
741 Posts
Go to Search. There was a whole list of what wheels will fit from what cars. That might help. I'm sure someone will be along shortly who might be able to give you the answer. Good luck.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually checked that before I posted up a thread on it ;)!

I just didn't see the s2k listed, but its the same bolt pattern..so I figured it might be "doable".

Im really more concerned about the offsets than anything... (the wheels are 17x7)

· Registered
214 Posts
IMO, anything higher than the stock offset is not worth the time and effort to make it flush in our xB. mind it that our stock width is 6.5 and with an offset of +45 (i believe?) and you want to get something that is 7 and +55.....it would just look funny. get lower offsets (+40 to +24) and wider barrels.

· Registered
41 Posts
Just wanted to chime in on this. Another thing to consider is the center bore diameter. Before going for a set of aftermarket wheels from a local tire shop, I was considering a set of rims from Hondas as well. A few I had checked out had a center bore a few mm less than the xB's. It's okay to go larger since you could get hub-centric spacers (probably okay without as well), but I don't think it's a good idea to have it the other way around.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Hub bore smaller that that of the hub on the vehicle, and the wheels won't fit.  It's like trying to put a kids hat on an adult w/ a big head.

Don't go smaller than a 60.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I'm gonna pass on these. They may look great, but I want to stick with 16's anyways. Plus, I'd rather not jump into something and then regret it once I realize it isn't going to fit...then have to try to sell them again.

There are too many variables (the Seller doesn't know the offset, hub bore, etc....he just knows "well, they fit flush on my s2k.")

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.