Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
335 Posts
Reviving a dead thread. I have never bought rims/tires and I'm new to sizes and all that. I am honestly thinking about keeping the stock 16" size and getting new rims for the tires I already have. Saving money. But I want to go wider. What kind of spacers should I get for those?

· Registered
335 Posts
I want to keep the stock tires. Trying to find rims I like that work with those tires. Not really TRYING. Just "trying" I guess lol. I don't want to have to drop 700 dollars on a tire when I gotta replace one. Would love to go bigger, but gotta stay in te budget :-/

· Registered
335 Posts
So basically if I understand right, the tire width doesn't really matter (to making it "flush") as much as the offset. I don't want to have to buy 9.5" tires if I can use what I have that don't cost a ton.

· Registered
335 Posts
And the stretch wouldn't do anything to harm the tires? Like I said. I'm new to all of this. I am concurrently doing my own independent research. What's up big words?!

· Registered
335 Posts
Except for when I gotta pay my tuition. If love to throw some 18's on. Put it on air. Paint it cement grey. Turbo. All of that. And I could, but an education>those 2 inches on my rim. Maybe after school is done

· Registered
335 Posts
My hubs are dipped black. I might do purple just to scratch that itch until I can go for rims. Definitely want to do rims. Paint the calipers. All that. My girls brother works for discount tire so I have a small "in" there. Just being smart about it. I had some tax laws change where I live which led to a $780 overpayment to my car be credited to my acct so I'm paid until oct 15th. I'm skipping this month to use for my trip. Then I might still pay, but half payments or so. Then save the rest for a set. Maybe 100-125 a rim. I like the look of 5-7 spoke. Like the trd 19's kinda. Be great to find gunmetal or black. Iffy on white. Definitely not chrome on a white xb. Ick.

· Registered
335 Posts
And yea I try to have m priorities straight. Zero student debt. Taking longer than I want, but it's ok. I work at Walmart and even as a manager it's tough. I hate it there. But I know it'll pay off one day

· Registered
335 Posts
Went from music performance (turned down a full ride to uHawaii at manoa) to radiology. Did my first semester at the hospital and hated it. Now I'm back to electrical engineering. Trying to get my gen eds done but school is expensive.

· Registered
335 Posts
If I can find that reflective paint that I've been seeing on cars online lately in purple, I would do black or gunmetal with a lip of that. Mmmm

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.