Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forums so bear with me if I mess up. I am basically looking for 18's to put on my scion. My problem is my brother drives a Nissan 240sx, best friend drives a bmw m3, and all the car guys in life have different opinions of what looks best on my car. I've spent countless hours looking at different styles and colors (I won't budge on the size, everyone agrees that 18's will look good). All of them have said, do whats best for you, but now I am so confused I don't know what is best.

Any opinions of what color would look good and/or style? I know I don't want black because I feel it will blend into the car too much. I'm looking to spend around $1,000 on wheels/tires.

Thanks

G

·
And if you put on kenny G light some candles on hop in a warm bubble bath while you view them that helps to. I did that last night and it was heavenly lol.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
With a dark color like Nautical Blue, my "habit" would be to go lighter rather than darker.
I'd suggest you look into chrome-y looking (like hyper-black or hyper-silver) or a bright colour. I'd personally look at yellow, something neutral metal with red trim, or even white. That way, the wheels are "set off" from the blue.

Personally, I'd probably avoid black, as it would be equivalent of a navy jacket and black pants . . . Not bad, but not the best.
I'd probably also be hesitant on anything to close to black. The closest I would go is a charcoal, and ONLY if it looks more "gray" than "off-black."

A "bronze" would probably look AWESOME as well. It would give a nice subtle contrast and coordination to that dark blue.

Edit (to get an insight in my thought process):
I am personally consciously avoiding silvers for my Classic Silver, too much silver. I am also hesitant on darker metallics, as they may just look like "dirty silver" next to the bright silver paint. So, I am running black steelies. looking at eventually getting black alloys (probably flat black Rota Slipstreams with a red trim ring), or something of the like. The black should work great with a silver, as would something with red, orange, or another trim color for contrast.

For a Nautical Blue, I would go with either a neutral metal or bright. I would avoid a black or off-black, mainly.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I was thinking of a gunmetal color, and that would probably be as dark as I would go. I never considered white so maybe I'll play around with that. Once I find some styles I like I'll post some pics up. :)

· Registered
281 Posts
Looking forward to seeing what you pick out! I've seen several NBM's with really nice black and bronze wheels but even the bronze ones seem to get lost against the dark blue.

Have fun shoppin'!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.