Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These fog lights are awesome! I have scoured the web searching for them and haven't been able to find them, does anyone else know where I can get a set?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhh Emmm Geee thank you!!! I just traded my BSP for a classic silver that these will look much better on :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
thanks for starting this thread. i too, have been scouring the web for those fog lights to put on my CSM xB.

the set on fastscions are similar but i don't believe they are the same. check the pic:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The listing on fastscions wasn't working so I called the number and left a message. Someone called me back in a few hours and was answered all my questions and he even gave me 5% off because I have a nice voice lol. I told him I would have to think on it a bit, $250 it a lot to spend on lights when I already have fog lights. I'm also thinking of swapping the upper and lower grills. My OCD hates that they don't match. If I do that, then the honey comb effect of the fastscion lights will look kinda random. This is the grill that I'm thinking of going with...

Erozcs, where did you find that set? That would match the carbon fiber vinyl inlay on my front bumper perfectly and still look good after the grill swap!

Thoughts/opinions anyone?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bro? Haha, I'm a girl, but I guess this is more of a guy website. Anyway, that is the exact grill I was looking at, although I would have called the pattern more of a crosshatch or a weave. Either way, the OE grill is ugly and has to go. This is what my xB looks like for now...

When you installed yours did you have to paint anything in the engine compartment so you wouldn't see it through the grill?

·
Registered
243 Posts
hey girl. where i grew up we used to refer to females as "baby". the response i would get: "i ain't yo baby!"

this may seem to be a guys website but we sho' love havin' you around.

back to the topic!!! the pic came from the fastscion website. i clicked on scion lighting parts and then scion fog lights. the sale price is clearly marked @ $249.99, so your personality had nothing to do with that. when you're ready to purchase, tweak 'em for a real discount. they should match your cf inlay very nicely.

i'm gonna hold out for the one-of-a-kind in your pic. someone will read this thread and plug us in ->->->

·
Registered
979 Posts
It could be that those are the fastscion lights and someone punched/drilled their own holes to customize them.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The picture is from a VERY early Five Axis show car, from the beginning of the xB2 production. The holes were there. The ones FastScion sells are based on the ones in the photo, as people wanted them for their own Bs.

·
Registered
243 Posts
TJ, you think it would be worth contacting five axis to ask if they are in production?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ok so I cant get the eBay link to work but if u type that in all what is said u can get the same grill I have it's the same seller and grill it's 64.99

View item:
08-10 SCION XB FRONT BUMPER HOOD UPPER & LOWER BLACK MESH GRILL GRILLE

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
TJ, you think it would be worth contacting five axis to ask if they are in production?
I think those were just one-offs. I don't remember anyone getting there hands on some back then.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I love those bumper lights. I agree with you guys. Upper and lower grill inserts would really look good if they were made the same......I can't seem to find the 2 matching sets for mine at this time........=(

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a 2012 Box, I don't think they would fit........sorry it looked like I didn't read what you said, I am a fast two finger typer and by the time I finished what I wanted to say, you guys had jumped to the next page already. Mi malo Jrule

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Bro? Haha, I'm a girl, but I guess this is more of a guy website.
A while back, we ran a poll as to age range and gender. As I remember, most members were older (30 and up, with a large amount over 50) and a gender mix of 2/3 male and 1/3 female.
Since then, it looks like the age may have dropped some, but I suspect the gender ratio is close to the same.

The problem is the vast majority of members use names with personal meaning and no hint of gender. So, others superimpose suppositions as to the person to whom they are responding or messaging.
I try not to add more than has been revealed, but have been surprised by some of those I've met in person being more different than what I expected than I thought.
Some on here are retired, some are young kids, some look just like a grandmother or grandfather stole a high schooler or college kids ride . . .

The stereotype of the "hot rodder" is either an older "original" hotrodder from the 1960s, oft with billet sleds, or of the modern late 20s-mid 30s "rat rodder." We have BOTH types on here with the "xB as modern shoebox hot rod" vibe. I met a few at Sanitarium back in March 2012, all in xB2 except for one in an xB1.

We have a HUGE range of members on this forum, more than most any other car-related forum I've been on.

That said, its best not to be offended for someone not assuming something known by the name or sig. If such matters to you, allude to it somewhere.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.