Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a topic that gets brought up fairly often & today I found myself wondering where to put various things that each had their respective places in my past cars...

Where do you put your wallet, cell phone, spare change, garage door opener, sunglasses, etc?

I'm thinking I'll probably try to find a place to mount my garage door opener out of sight, and I got a cell phone holder that goes in the cup holder(s), which can also hold my wallet and sunglasses. But, I don't know where to put spare change & keep it out of sight... :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a sticky pad on my dash for things like my sun glasses, wallet and other misc items while I'm driving. It does an awesome job of holding things in place while you drive. I once took a Pie on an hour long drive from my house to my grandparents for Christmas, up a windy mountain road and it never budged.

As for the garage door opener, you could always get creative, open up the housing of the garage remote, remove the existing button and replace it with a new button with extension wires that you can fit into one of the knock out panels near the mirror controls. Then you just have to hide the remote in the dash somewhere.

Would also be a good idea to replace the batteries with a wired connection into the cars electrical system. It'll require calculating a voltage divider, but will keep you from having to replace batteries for something tucked inside your dash.

<shrug>

Its what I would do, but I don't have a garage. Its way cheaper than the auto dimming mirror (if they have that for the xB)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I got the button installed last night. It works w/in the garage, but I haven't checked the range yet. I ended up just sticking the remote up under the dash w/ double sided tape since the battery lasts so long. I'd post a picture, but I kinda messed up the knock out, so I'll want to redo that part. I also got another button to do the same in the Camry :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lesee..gate opener and garage opener in the overhead, cell phones in the pocket to the left of the steering wheel. Don't carry CD's I use the Ipod which sits in the center console storage. glove box is full of...well, glove box junk

·
Registered
30 Posts
I installed the overhead console in mine, so that's where I put eveything and it's looks great!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
sun glasses in top left cubby above steering wheel (hoped to keep cell phone here, but it hops around a bunch, and i didn't want it to jump out when the windows are rolled a down.), cellphone in center cupholder, change holder from belkin in cup holder above that, ipod nano in center compartment, maps in underseat trays in rear, flashlight, ice scraper and a couple small tools in the cubbies in the luggage area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a stick on cell phone holder that matches the interior almost perfectly and mounted it to the right of the mirror controls on the silver part of the dash... looks great and frees up a pocket for other stuff... also in a good spot to see who's calling

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i use the rubber iPod cup currently for cell phone - just set it in the slot...

i have a cd case about 12" x 8" that holds about 50 cd's and it slides right under the back seat in that storage area - keeps it outta site from nosy people looking in the windows!

i also noticed that below the floor mat in the rear on top of the spare there are spaces in the foam covering that you could store things you do not need to access that often...

·
Super Moderator
1,036 Posts
yanges said:
i have a cd case about 12" x 8" that holds about 50 cd's and it slides right under the back seat in that storage area - keeps it outta site from nosy people looking in the windows!
... Climb on soap box... OK, it's winter now and doesn't really matter, but come summer you are going to start having problems with overheated CDs if you keep them in the car. And really, if somebody wants to get ino your car, they're gonna get into it, and why keep something in there you will miss for certain if it's gone?... off my box now....

Storing stuff.. since this is the topic.... At the moment, I have 2 blankets on the backseat (that go back in the house, or possibly the backyard shed, come warmer weather in the spring), an umbrella on the floor in back (that will come back in the house or go onto the porch of it ever stops raining here), the owner's manual in the glove box, my EZ_Pass transmiter and gate-pass for my in-laws developement in the cubby to the left of the steering wheel, the iPod adapter cable and AUX cable, as well as the current CD in my CD Player are stored in the center armrest (if you can call it that, kinda too far back and down for that) and a few napkins. The iPod cable will probably be coming in the house soon as I don't have an iPod, and the AUX cable that came with the car is way too long and has been replaced with a shorter cable. My cell-phone charger is either in there or plugged into the power outlet.The cell is either in my pocket or the cubby next to the steering wheel. The driver side door pocket has a micro-fiber towel that I have been using to dust and wipe up water droplets, and the empty box of Snow-Caps I had the other day. In the lower cup holder I have my Zen, if it's with me, that's also hooked up to the AUX port and if the battery is low on it I bring my car charger for it as well and plug that in. And on the shelf in front of the passenger is my gas log book, that will eventually be going into the glovebox.

Of course, that's this week, after only about 850 miles of ownership, and subject to change.

·
Registered
36 Posts
LOL, in my rear cargo loading area, under the back storage area, I have items like.....

a collapsible shovel
a collapsible saw
2 dog collars and dog leashes and doggie sweaters
collapsible water bowls and cups
cold weather/tin emergency weather blanket
flares and a compact tool set
I think that's about it.......

·
Registered
36 Posts
oh yea.... and everyone's always wanted to store things under the front seats of our other cars, but then they're impossible to get at.
I love the xB's cut outs on the front driver and passenger side for stuffing and retrieving under the front seats. Almost as cool as the trays under the rear seats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts