Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone talks as if there are only two versions of the Scion Xb.

Well, the first Xb made it clear Xb stood for extra boxy.

The second version has only brake lights, tail lights, and turn signals in the two rear clusters, with a single large reverse light on the left side of the bumper. It also has a very angular front, at each side, where the black plastic fillers are; where many folks add daytime running lights or LEDs.

The third version (the one I own) has done away with the single reverse light in favor of the rear light clusters on both sides having the signals, brake and running, and reverse lights. The front end where the plain black panel are is almost perpendicular to the ground.

All three vehicles are different.

I know this this when I parked next to a second generation and did a side by side comparison. There may be more differences, but those are the ones which were obvious.

·
Registered
35 Posts
agreed - Third generation

Agreed, It might be nice to have a forum for those of us who are (now) in the 3rd generation.

PS: I traded a 3 year old Mercedes 320 for my new xB - and never regretted it.
When the Manager took my Mercedes for a test ride, as he pulled away, the salesman looked at my Mercedes and then at the xB and said "So, are you buying this for your kid?"

(expletives deleted) I bought from a different salesman.

·
Registered
206 Posts
There are only two gens of xB, some refer to 2011+ xB as an xB2.5 because of the subtle changes in styling and interior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.