Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they make CF overlays? I want them for the hood and front bumper to act as a stand in since it will be some time till I get the real stuff. I am having trouble even finding the black vinyl overlay for the front bumper.

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Try any shop that installs vehicle wraps. The can do just about anything.

I live in Austin and found a guy to supply and install the vinyl on the bumper for $75.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ocotillo said:
Try any shop that installs vehicle wraps. The can do just about anything.

I live in Austin and found a guy to supply and install the vinyl on the bumper for $75.
Wow, sure enough there are like 3 places in town that does this. Now I must check to see if they do a Carbon fiber design. They say it cost like 2000 bucks to warp an entire car. If i just do the hood and the front bumper, I am guessing somewhere around 500 to 1000. Hmm a real CF hood is around that price to begin with ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Parkers09xB said:
Heck for that price I'd just get a real carbon fiber hood!
Yeah. I was just guessing at the price really. I will call them tomorrow because I still want that front bumper to be covered either with black or a Carbon Fiber printed vinyl - that shouldnt cost too much. If the bumber and hood is under $200 or at least close to it, then I will go for it. They say it has a life span of 5 to 7 years. My car is always under some kind of garage, so it should last the full life span of the vinyl, by that time I will probably be in a Gen3 xB :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
ARSTECHNICA said:
Parkers09xB said:
Heck for that price I'd just get a real carbon fiber hood!
Yeah. I was just guessing at the price really. I will call them tomorrow because I still want that front bumper to be covered either with black or a Carbon Fiber printed vinyl - that shouldnt cost too much. If the bumber and hood is under $200 or at least close to it, then I will go for it. They say it has a life span of 5 to 7 years. My car is always under some kind of garage, so it should last the full life span of the vinyl, by that time I will probably be in a Gen3 xB :lol:
Oh I see. Keep us posted on what they say!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Interested to see what you find out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Box Mafia said:
Interested to see what you find out
Box Mafia,

I really like your hood! That is the brand that I am getting, if this vinyl thing cost too much. I think I asked you before, but was the seibon install easy? Should I have some shop install it for me? Have you seen the Carbon Fiber rear door from seibon? I would like to do that one too, but not sure how to get the rear window off and on to the CF rear door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
ARSTECHNICA said:
ocotillo said:
Try any shop that installs vehicle wraps. The can do just about anything.

I live in Austin and found a guy to supply and install the vinyl on the bumper for $75.
Wow, sure enough there are like 3 places in town that does this. Now I must check to see if they do a Carbon fiber design. They say it cost like 2000 bucks to warp an entire car. If i just do the hood and the front bumper, I am guessing somewhere around 500 to 1000. Hmm a real CF hood is around that price to begin with ???
I got a quote to do my hood in a checkerboard pattern. Got a quote for $275 installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ocotillo said:
ARSTECHNICA said:
ocotillo said:
Try any shop that installs vehicle wraps. The can do just about anything.

I live in Austin and found a guy to supply and install the vinyl on the bumper for $75.
Wow, sure enough there are like 3 places in town that does this. Now I must check to see if they do a Carbon fiber design. They say it cost like 2000 bucks to warp an entire car. If i just do the hood and the front bumper, I am guessing somewhere around 500 to 1000. Hmm a real CF hood is around that price to begin with ???
I got a quote to do my hood in a checkerboard pattern. Got a quote for $275 installed.
Hmm that is really close to the price of a Seibon CF hood. The store that I went to stated that they only warrenty their product from 1 year, that is a tuff call. I think a seibon CF hood is just under $500 delievered. I guess you still have to install the hood, but I hear it isnt too hard to do it yourself. At least with real CF, it would be lighter... tuff choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
Save your money and go for the real thing! I think you will be happier in the long run. You and a buddy can unbolt the old hood and bolt up the new one no prob.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Box Mafia said:
Save your money and go for the real thing! I think you will be happier in the long run. You and a buddy can unbolt the old hood and bolt up the new one no prob.
+1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Box Mafia said:
Save your money and go for the real thing! I think you will be happier in the long run. You and a buddy can unbolt the old hood and bolt up the new one no prob.
Yeah I am think I am leaning more that route, I live in an area where things are rather pricey. I have a feeling the owner is going to ask 300 to 400 for this job and it takes an entire day to install the vinyl???? I can get a Seibon CF hood delievered for $500.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
where's the link to that deal :D i want a cf hood and spoiler
 

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
Joined
·
4,314 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
TartanJack said:
If I was going to go through the money and trouble to get a CF bonnet, I'd get this one:
http://www.fastscions.com/scion-xb-carbon-creations-gt-concept-carbon-fiber-hood-2008-2009.aspx
It look very modern and aggressive.
it does look killer, but I did some research and most agree that seibon was the best in quality and fit/finish. There are many brands, I just don't have any working knowledge of any of them. But if you are going for looks, brands other then seibon have that aspect covered.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top