Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in Vegas, and would like to know where to find some cross drilled rotors for a Gen 1 xB.

I have 50% brake pads, but would like to change the rotors, and brake pads.

Is there a link for how to change rotors, and front and rear brakes on the Gen 1 xB?

Any possible surprises, or easy methods, other may have discovered performing this upgrade.

Also a "how to" adjust the parking brake, mine does not lock movement well until the very top of the parking brake lever arc.

JR

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Are these any good?

DRT Sport Rotors W/Knife Edge Slot - price is $70 on ebay...

With Ceramic pads from Auto Zone?

Someone should have some in their garage, or an opinion about doing this upgrade...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check on Rockauto.com They have a performance option group and I believe there are cross drilled and slotted rotors on there. Good prices. Good shipping. And you can find discount codes to save 5-10%.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
448 Posts
You're doing it backwards. Spend your money on good quality brake pads and just get reasonable quality blank rotors. Drilled and slotted rotors aren't an upgrade, and they're just for looks these days. For example @ rockauto:

Raysbestos 980201R rotors @ 18.43 each
Ratsbestos EHT822H pads (hybrid) @ 32.79 for a set

That's 69.65 plus shipping, so probably another $15-20 on that.

The eBay rotors you are looking at are DRT brand, which is just Centrics being resold. The ones you linked are for the TC, not the xB; the xB ones are $130 shipped through them, and are just rebranded Centric 120.44133L and 120.44133R.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.