Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am planning to install my Pioneer AVH-4200NEX into my 2008 Scion xB this weekend.

It comes with a cable that I can run from the back of the radio to somewhere... There is a blank plate next to the gear shift. I think I could run it to there but not sure.

I had not thought of this while doing everything else but any suggestions for where to run the USB cable to?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I think it depends on how often you plan to use that USB outlet, and also if you want it showing or out of sight.

The blank plate next to the gearshift is very handy but also very visible. If you plan to put a USB memory stick in there you'll want it low profile so it won't be snapped off. But if you plan to use a cable to access an outside device like your phone, then it may be a good spot.

Another option is to make your own hole in the center console shifter plate. (It's easy to pull that plate after you unscrew the shifter knob, just yank.) For example I made my own hole for my subwoofer level control, see the bottom of https://sites.google.com/site/brickpigs2011xb/home/6---stealth-sub

On later years Toyota moved the USB outlet to a hidden spot in the center console storage compartment. On my 2011 it's under a false floor under the center armrest. I use it to plug in my 32 GB memory stick.

Or route the cable to your glove compartment. It will be hidden and the excess length can be stored there too.

Have fun!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.