·
Registered
326 Posts
Kingston, NY here.. 90 miles north of the city and very few Xb's around.. :eek:

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Deep South, USA.

Born near Atlanta and now live in "The Sticks" of South Carolina.

No, LITERALLY, "The Sticks!"
There are 20 miles of trees in every direction before I hit something even looking like suburbia.
In most directions . . . it is closer to 30 miles . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Originally from Columbia, MD (between Baltimore and DC). Now living in Hershey, PA.

Band still rocks in MD, so you'll see my xB anywhere in between.

Any other MD or Central PA folks?

·
Registered
180 Posts
TartanJack said:
Deep South, USA.

There are 20 miles of trees in every direction before I hit something even looking like suburbia.
I've been in that neck of the woods (ha) and the trees are so thick you could drive right by suburbia and not even see it. :lol:

·
Registered
2008 xB
566 Posts
Northwest Connecticut...after 32 years in Southern California. All that sunshine wears thin eventually. The occasional movement of the earth is also a little unnerving. Have spent some time in New York, Pennsylvania and Ohio along the way.

I'm curious as to why more people don't fill in the "Location" portion of their profiles. Witness protection? Running from the law? Fear of stalkers? Homeless? Too lazy to type Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggauggagoggchaubunag, Massachusetts? Poor spelling and/or geography skills?

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
Classic Geezer...gotta love it!

Born Johnson City TN. Raised Jonesborough TN. High School Greensboro NC. Other towns Atlanta GA, Hollywood CA, Greenville NC, Raleigh NC, Boone NC, Morganton NC, Marion NC, OKC, back to Johnson City TN. Currently Arlington TX.

Whew!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
MidlifeCrisis said:
TartanJack said:
Deep South, USA.

I've been in that neck of the woods (ha) and the trees are so thick you could drive right by suburbia and not even see it. :lol:
I mean I am surrounded by 55 mph highways and two 70 mph interstates, once you leave my town. I live in the middle of a tree farming area. The local farmers are abandoning dairy and crop-based farming and moving into tree-farming, mostly white pines. Evidently, they grow 3-4 times faster here than in other areas of the country. So, it is highly profitable for the farmers and a long-term investment. Some also grow oak, maple, and other hardwoods, which also grow quicker than other parts of the US.
In the mountain part of the Southeastern US, we can grow:
Trees
Corn (cornbread, moonshine, and corn-based products)
Kudzu (a highly potential base for an ethanol -basically moonshine- or bio-diesel fuel, as well as food crop-> plus it grows a FOOT-a-day)
Some other crops

Mostly, the most popular money crop in the foothills, midlands, and flatlands is now trees . . .

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Hellen4Wheels said:

Born Johnson City TN. Raised Jonesborough TN. High School Greensboro NC. Other towns Atlanta GA, Hollywood CA, Greenville NC, Raleigh NC, Boone NC, Morganton NC, Marion NC, OKC, back to Johnson City TN. Currently Arlington TX.

Whew!
So . . .
You are from the area wherein Mountain Dew first gained the "Citrus-Lemonade" (orange-flavored lemonade) flavor! It was in the tri-city area . . . by Tri-City Beverage and bottled with the Tip Company (who owned the Mountain Dew name).
Also, the "real" Mountain Dew is quite popular there too (same for Greensboro and old-Atlanta) . . .

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hellen4Wheels said:

Whew!
for a second i thought you where going to sing johnny cash "Ive been every where man" that's a lot of places

·
Registered
739 Posts
50 miles East of NYC and Slower Lower Delaware.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was born in Alabama and went to 14 schools in 12 years. Yep, I was an Army Brat! Finally landed in Indianapolis, Indiana and have been here since 1972. My husband was born, bred and works about 35 miles from where we live. It's a great place to live if you hate sandy beaches and soaring mountains (or at least if you can live without them)!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Navy bratness landed me in San Diego in 64. Never left. The saying around my neck of the beach is "there's no life east of I-5". We're as far southwest as you can get in the continental United States. Yes, Baja is our neighbor to the south but I wouldn't brag about it. Love the weather here. 50 degrees is cold to me. Brrr! Pretty many Xb's showing up on the roads. More and more 08, 09's. I think they must have seen ours and decided it was so cute they had to get one of their own. We have beach, mountains, desert all within an hours drive. Earthquakes don't faze me. I think you must get used to them. I saw a tornado once in S Illinois and that scared the scrap outta me! Born in Chicago Heights, been to Rhode Island and Cupertino on way to San Diego. Wouldn't miss the crowds of San Diego though. My ancestors been in So. IL since 1860 and I love the area just not the bugs and heat and cold. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
TEXAS girl here

hook'em horns

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
SueBeeDoo said:
I was born in Alabama and went to 14 schools in 12 years. Yep, I was an Army Brat! Finally landed in Indianapolis, Indiana and have been here since 1972. My husband was born, bred and works about 35 miles from where we live. It's a great place to live if you hate sandy beaches and soaring mountains (or at least if you can live without them)!
Fellow Hoosier here.....I'm north of ya, around Kokomo. oh and we don't need no stinkin beaches or mountains! We've got corn dangit! :p

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.