Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious as to which satellite service the 2nd Gen xB's use. Cm or Sirius?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Radio, iPod and police scanner on my smart phone. All the audio I need for my XB :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So cm does not work? Darn!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Aux input from my smart phone and tune in to radioio.com - 50 stations to choose from (Ambient and Classic Rock are my favorites ;) ). Free if you don't mind a few commercials every half hour or so, or just $5 a month for commercial free. Listen coast to coast as you cruise and worldwide anywhere you have cell phone reception. Satellite radio is dead meat.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WTF? CM? Friggin droid phone pos! I did mean XM. I'm using my droid to get Pandora until I get a roady kit in the xb. Last.fm can go f themselves now that they started charging for smartphone users. I just don't like pulling the cell phone out and hooking it up to the audio jack and waiting for it to load Pandora. Here lately i've had to reboot the droid to get Pandora going.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I run XM on mine. There are no good stations here. I have HD Radio too but I can't get any of those stations here either.

·
Registered
647 Posts
True that. It is now known as SiriusXM. The receivers and channels are different, but the cost is still outrageous.

·
Registered
116 Posts
When I can get 50 stations on radioio.com and listen through my aux input and smart phone for $5 month or free if I don't mind commercials (I do), $12 is too much for me. Plus I can get thousands of other stations online on my smart phone.

·
Registered
979 Posts
$12.00 a month for the basic channels is outrageous?
I guess that depends on how much you listen to the radio. Most days I'm only in my car for a few minutes. It wouldn't be worth it for me.

For someone who travels a lot, it might be a deal to not have to continually search for a decent station within range.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Im not in my car much but i hate constantly hitting next and next and next. On XM i just got in and went on my way and was always a good song.

I also like my battery on my phone to stay charged and constantly unplugging/plugging things in will make my commute double because im in the car that little. I hate the radio.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I like having every channel. That is why I think it is outrageous. Even then I still pay for it because I really enjoy the content. I can run Pandora or Radio.com via Bluetooth but as Sam said, I too like to keep my phone charged.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I think you meant radioIO.com but regardless I just got a USB socket and plug my phone charger cord into it while I listen so it is fully charged after a long trip. Actually I plug my GPS in too, so I got one of those $6 power Ys that give you two power outlets from one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.