Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sometimes when i hit about 90 i get this really loud whistle!! but its not all the time! a couple people ive asked said it could be the wipers... any ideas?!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nothing at all, all stock! it happened even before i put the short ram in! the worst part is that i tried it today, and nothing! South Jersey isnt that densely populated, we got room on the highway! lol and apparently "cheaper gas"

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Front of car around the windshield, at first my brother thought it may be a leak in my vent, or a crack in my windshield, then he saw the wipers and how they have little slices in them and said most likely the wipers. but it didnt do it today! i was gonna take off the wipers and try it again, but yea. didnt do it!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha. come to think of it, it was colder, and yesterday it rained, so the wipers moved from their last spot! Im gonna see if it happens again, then take the wipers off right away and check. i sound crazy!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hahaha! i Swear im not!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Maybe it's just me,but why go 90 and for how long? Is it just to see if your xB can go 90? By the way, how does it handle,any vibrations,what RPMs are you upto? Just curious.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The B is fine until well over 100 . . .
Some have been much higher.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maybe it's just me,but why go 90 and for how long? Is it just to see if your xB can go 90? By the way, how does it handle,any vibrations,what RPMs are you upto? Just curious.
I just hit 115 when I raced my brother, and had no issues what so ever. I was confused because the whistle sound didn't happen! I shifted from 4th at 106 not sure what the rpm was, but it was asking for the shift! Lol. Handled great throughout and no vibrations (except when I launched because I turnd off the traction control) I sometimes hit 90 on specific roads around here, because its easy to know where cops sit when you've lived in the same place for your entire life and like to open her up. South Jersey roads are good for that. :D

·
Registered
844 Posts
One thing that I just thought of is the speed rating of those tires on your xB. At that speed tires flex at a wierd pattern and get really hot, and, God forbid, FAIL!
Be SAFE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.