Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't see other xB2's very often, but there are a few here and there. I wave at ALL of 'em and hardly get any responses. Most of the ones here are stock, and they never wave, but if there is something done to it there's a better chance they will wave back.

Do ya'll wave at other xB2's??

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I do.

And get ODD looks in return . . .

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I agree. I was beside a gen1 yesterday and gave him the thumbs up and he nodded. I do make some kind of motion toward xB's, but I think when they see my white hair and Murasaki, they don't know how to react. They should know that people who drive xB's don't have to grow up.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I wave at all xb2's and some xb1's (only the modded ones) and no one ever waves back. One 1st gen let me over in her lane, which i was grateful for, and I saw a 2011 silver, and he was the first wave at me. I also saw a 3 tone 1st gen that was in the opposite lane and did a full head turn to look at me. :D But that's the only acknowledgments I've gotten.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before I had my xB, I saw the Dragon Wagon twice lol. A while back I swear I saw it go past me (without the dragons, obviously), but I was in my school parking lot and they couldn't see me.

Nice one on the full head turn haha! I catch people staring/looking at me as they go through an intersection and stuff. And I know they're thinking: "Check out that xB! That thing is NICE!"

·
Registered
474 Posts
I wave and like everyone else, usually don't get a response unless they are also have some type of mod done!
I wave with the same results...often because the driver of the other xB has his/her cel phone in one hand! :eek:

Brewski

·
Registered
474 Posts
I just noticed that my post indicated that I sent it at 1:42 PM....local time here is now 8:45 AM EST. Someone needs to set the clock unless the server is way, way east of my location. :confused:

Brewski

·
Registered
783 Posts
I just noticed that my post indicated that I sent it at 1:42 PM....local time here is now 8:45 AM EST. Someone needs to set the clock unless the server is way, way east of my location. :confused:

Brewski
the clock is about 6 hours off of my time.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The clock is set to your local time by the user. It is a setting under "User CP."
Hit the "edit options" on the left menu
Down the blocks is:
Date & Time Options Time Zone
All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below. In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world. Automatically detect DST settings
DST corrections always on
DST corrections always off
DST Correction Option:
Start of the Week
Different parts of the world traditionally use a different day as the start of the week. Select the appropriate day for your region here, in order to have the calendar appear correctly. Start of the Week:

·
Registered
474 Posts
The clock is set to your local time by the user. It is a setting under "User CP."
Hit the "edit options" on the left menu
Down the blocks is:
Date & Time Options Time Zone
DST corrections always on
DST corrections always off
DST Correction Option:
Start of the Week
:
Thank you TartanJack...now if every one will set their time correctly we will know who the night owls are.

Brewski

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
That adjusts the times on your computer. I know when you posted in EST. Now . . . if I know where YOU are . . .

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Waved at a white xB2 today. The other driver was SO confused they almost ran off the road . . .

·
Registered
474 Posts
That adjusts the times on your computer. I know when you posted in EST. Now . . . if I know where YOU are . . .
I'm not sure what you ment by "That adjusts the times on your computer..." :confused: (The time on my computer has always been correct.)

Using the "User CP" corrects the "clock" for posts on the forum.

Brewski

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The times for all the posts on the forum, so that they read correct for your timezone.
That's what I mean. It won't affect your hard-drive, only on the forum.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I wave to xB2s and xB1s all the time. Most xB2s wave back, especially the ones I pass on a somewhat regular bases. The old people look at me like, "Do I know that guy?". I get snubbed by the gen1s almost always. Their lose.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I don't see many xB's. Coming home from vacation this summer I waved as I passed another rs 6 on the interstate in Ohio. They didn't seem nearly as excited about it as I was. :p The rest of my family thought I was a goof too though.

My wife has a Mini Clubman Other Mini drivers usually wave; though they are fewer and farther between than xB's.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.