Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
don't have that problem up here :)... just drive around and never see another xB... I'll wave at a first gen xBer though... and any other nice car :)...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I always give the peace sign ha ha. I guess I'm still just a hippy. I have seen almost as many 2cnd gen xb's as I have the 1st gens for the three years I drove the 1st gen. Up here the P/U truck is the vehicle of choice & then anything SUV'ish. I think the new xb has caught the attention of the would be SUV buyers in a high fuel cost market. I don't like 4 wheel drive and SUV's because of the cost. parts & service is more, insurance, fuel costs etc. Ok I'm babbling on again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
In south dakota you wave to everyone, which makes it hard to drive, eat, talk on the cell, shift and smack the kids on the back of the head when they cross over the imaginary line between each other and get in a fight.

j/k but here we wave to everyone when your not on the interstate.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
i wave when someone looks my way who is driving a Scion - half the time people in original xB's or 2nd gen's drive by and do not even look my way...

on my way home from Cambria i saw a guy in a super white '08 xB w/ black painted scion hubcaps about 3/4 of a mile back and he was zigzagging in and out of traffic goin' about 90 or so till he catches up with me, then he slows down and waves - he had these big dice on his mirror...

i also wave at all the cute girls but they just ignore me :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've waved at every xB2 I've seen and only got a couple wavebacks. I've waved at a few xB1 drivers to no avail. Now I wait for them to wave first. I've come to the conclusion that if an xB is modded the owner is more likely to be an enthusiast, like us that post on Scion message boards, who will appreciate the acknowlegement from a fellow xBer. The practical nature of the car lends itself well to a lot of average, non-enthusiast drivers who just wonder "why is that guy waving at me"?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I wave at any xB.. Not that I see all that many. I have gotten a few wave-backs and mostly blank looks.

Even in my New Beetle, I never got all that many wave-backs.

Don't those other people even CARE what they are driving?!?!

Now, the old Beetle, that was another stroy alltogether :)

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I used to in my Jeep. If you owned a wrangler it was a big thing. People always waved. Sometimes you would even get someone waving at you from another car, because they weren't driving there jeep at the time but owned one.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
eviljack said:
I used to in my Jeep. If you owned a wrangler it was a big thing. People always waved. Sometimes you would even get someone waving at you from another car, because they weren't driving there jeep at the time but owned one.
LOL, I catch myself mid wave sometimes & then realize they're probably thinking, why the hell is that guy in a Camry waving at me... is that a wave... what the hell is he doing? LOL :p

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Yeah don't wave in my VW. Too many of the car sold that not all are enthusits. Most that are as far as a VW don't wave. They race hehe. Actually what will usually happen is if another VW fan is passing by on the road they will pull up beside you, give you a smile or nod and then take off or pull behind you and ride with you.

In the Jeeps like I mentioned before the only time they didn't wave was usually if it was a college kid that just had one because it was "cool". However about 90% of Jeep wrangler owners wave. You should check out the Jeep forum, there are so many thread on waving. All other Jeep enthusists(liberty, cherokee, ect) are jelous that they rarely get waved too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I own a '71 VW Bus and a '74 Porsche, so I'm already used to waving at drivers that are in similar cars. I have yet to receive a return wave in my xB though............ :-(

Maybe the 1st gen owners don't want to associate.

I actually have not seen another 2nd gen on the road so far. My wife saw one, once.....

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
toker4two0 said:
I own a '71 VW Bus and a '74 Porsche, so I'm already used to waving at drivers that are in similar cars. I have yet to receive a return wave in my xB though............ :-(

Maybe the 1st gen owners don't want to associate.

I actually have not seen another 2nd gen on the road so far. My wife saw one, once.....
i get the same thing from 1st gen owners - most do not even look my way as far as i can tell :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
yanges said:
i get the same thing from 1st gen owners - most do not even look my way as far as i can tell :confused:
Their loss, really. I think they're just jealous 'cause us xB2ers got better looking rides. :naughty:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Bump.

Six months into 2008, have the waves gotten any more frequent? I don't see that many xB2's on the road, but wave or flash the lights when I pass one...and have yet to get a response.

I even make sure to wave with all five fingers.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I honk and wave like a crazy woman! There's a lady I've seen twice who waves like a nut right back at me (gen1 tho). I've pulled up next to other Scion owners in parking lots to comment on thier rides. One was the lady mentioned above, another dude at Meijers (gen1 also). Never see gen2s around here. No dealers within an hour.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts