Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at 5,000 miles and when I take it in for service they check the aliment gauge on all 4 wheels before they even take it back for service????????:cry:. Is the suspension that bad on the XBs
2102 Black Sand Just asking

· Registered
846 Posts
There are several reasons that they check the alignment on your B. First,it is a nice income
for the service dept. Second, the tires really will wear better when they are balanced, rotated,aligned, and properly inflated. When tires are not rotated, the fronts wear faster because there's more weight on them, power is delivered to them, and they steer the car.By rotating them, the wear is spread out to all four wheels making them last longer.

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Rotation b/c on front wheel drive the front wheels do all the work (power, steering, and primary braking), while the back are more-or-less along for the ride.
On a rear-wheel-drive, the fronts brake and steer, while the rears do power.
(That is an oversimplification, but it gets the idea across. Both also help on cornering grip, weight carry, etc)
On a a Front-wheel-drive, if you didn't rotate the fronts would wear out FAR faster than the rears.

As for alignment, there are several reasons, esp. if they don't know how the vehicle has been driven. A misaligned vehicle gives uneven wear to tires and can affect handling, power-distribution, and cause odd braking. It gets misaligned by hitting and running over stuff.
Some vehicles are more sensitive than others to the alignment getting wonky.
As a shop, doing it ensures that all-is-right and a customer won't leave with a miss-aligned car (opening them us to a lawsuit). Also, it is extra cash, as most cars don't actually need one.

It's good to get it checked ever-so-often. I do when I get new tires. Many do it WAY too often, while others do it almost never . . .

· Registered
152 Posts
When I bought my 2 xB's, they came with LIFETIME oil changes and they include rotating the tires with each oil change (At least for now on the rotate)..... Helluva deal in my opinion. Oil ain't getting any cheaper, so an average oil change for folks who pay for them or do their own, will always be more than I pay.... I am planning on having mine lowered at the Dealership so I can maintain the warranties on all the suspension components while having it lower. I don't need it any lower than the Toyota stuff offers. If I ever pay it off (before trading on another awesome Scion), I'll probably even put air ride on it.... but that's a few years away.

· Registered
133 Posts
When I bought my 2 xB's, they came with LIFETIME oil changes and they include rotating the tires with each oil change (At least for now on the rotate)..... Helluva deal in my opinion. Oil ain't getting any cheaper, so an average oil change for folks who pay for them or do their own, will always be more than I pay.... I am planning on having mine lowered at the Dealership so I can maintain the warranties on all the suspension components while having it lower. I don't need it any lower than the Toyota stuff offers. If I ever pay it off (before trading on another awesome Scion), I'll probably even put air ride on it.... but that's a few years away.
All you need to do is buy TRD springs and the dealer will have to warranty. They warranty my rear axle with the TRD springs I installed. If your in AZ I have this spring compressor. Need help paying for so I do side jobs.

AZ / Randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.