Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new car. I have always liked the Xb since 08 when they made some changes. ... but most of the cars i am looking at have 6speed automatic transmission. ... 4 speed just doesn't seem adequate.

but i do like the xB enough to try to look past it.

Can you guys please tell me what you think of the 4 speed auto trans? is there a reason for it? do you find you wish you had an overdrive on the freeway. ... even my 04 accord has a 5 speed auto trans.

thank you

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that's the one big thing I wish Toyota had done differently was put a 5 or 6 speed auto in the xB. I remember reading a similar discussion here where someone mentioned that at some point the torque converter "locks" and essentially is like an overdrive. I don't understand the mechanics of it I just remember reading about it. You may want to do a forum search for more details.
Thanks for the reply zinger.

yeah, that is the ONE thing that is holding me back from pulling the trigger at this point. i have been considering getting this car for a few years now. and now that i am in the buying spirit, i would like to consider it. ... and your right i should search around a little more. I googled this issue alot and i'm surprised there's not more dialogue around it.

do you guys just deal with the 4 speed. how does it work.

i test drove one a couple weeks ago. seemed to do okay. i was mainly curious about high rpm at higher freeway speeds 75-85 mph. but it actually wasnt too bad. ... i went to test drive the 5 speed manuel to see how smooth that was. but they didn't have any. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.