Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
I drive auto. I think the weak link is really the transmission. The sport shifting is kind of fun although I don't do it much, but the engine seems pretty responsive it really seems the weak point comes in the automatic shifting. Just my 2 cents

· Registered
432 Posts
The reliability is proven excellent.

The shifts are a little indecisive sometimes when you let off the gas then decide to punch it.

It'll keep up or even beat some of the 5sp or 6sp cars out there in it's own category but if speed is your thing the xB is very slow.

I'm getting 29mpg average but a car in this category should get 35mpg.
Agreed on all points. I love the xB, but it's pretty much a style box. I see the commercials for the new ford focus, and while I would never drive that car, they advertise 40MPG. That's no joke.

If I upgraded the performance it would just be to tighten up the steering a little and for fuel efficiency or sound effects.

· Registered
432 Posts
Cars that the scion sexB is unequivocally better than:

1. nissan cube
2. kia soul
3. (sorry) scion xb1

it doesn't get as good mpg as other cars in it's class, but it's bigger, safer, quicker, and better looking, imo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.