Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my xB for nearly 2 years now and this is my first Scion. Having owned 4 other show cars I find that my xB has without a doubt been my favorite car of the lot. It amazes me the personalization that can be incorporated into these cars. These cars when modded turn more heads than most any other car out there. What is more interesting is that one modded car can still be so totally different than the next. Case and point, yesterday I was at my local Sam's. I parked and laid my B out in the very remote back of the parking lot. When I came out from shopping there was a silver xB2 parked in the space behind me. The mods on this car were cool but totally different from mine. Nicely done but different. That is why I love this car. So many ways to make your own!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Mine isn't show, but it's the very first car I've ever really made mods to (outside of radio and speakers) and I've made plenty. I think Scion's description as a "blank canvas" is dead on. That modding process is what got me started on my previous car (it had died, but I was able to resuscitate it) and it's changed a fair amount too, though mostly within the engine compartment, but elsewhere as well! I ended up making a number of mods to both that equalize features I liked in the other :)!

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
i def like the ability to raise, would come in handy on some of PAs pothole ridden roads. Like lowering (or laying) for show. dislike the expense and headaches i hear about and abhor the thought of giving up my cargo space. I already have a tank i bought for onboard air for my jeep and i think FireyrGuns is selling his tank and set up...so for now i think Ill stay static.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My air doesn't use an inch of my cargo space. My sound system took care of that for me lol. Seriously you can have air and the space. Just mount everything under the car. As for the headaches..... Ehhh nothing this cool comes without a little work noe and then. The quality of the kits have improved so much that big problems are rare.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
What I LOVE about the B . . .

- It's sports car like handling (once suspension is "fixed" by good springs, sways, strut bar, and great rubber)
- Pretty good low end and midrange power/torque
- It's HUGE interior, esp for its size
- It's small exterior
- Comfortable seating front and rear-> esp. the generous head and leg room in the backseats
- Amazing versatility
- Mod-ability (Of course, I've modded, at least somewhat, EVERY car I've owned- the ones I actually like very much so. But, I even modded the one I DIDN'T like-> like the inherited Crown Vic that the B, thankfully, replaced)

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tartan - I totally agree with your list. I am 6'3" 230 and the level of comfort driving my B matches any luxury full size I have driven. It amazes me how much room there is in such a compact package.

·
Registered
782 Posts
What I LOVE about the B . . .

- It's sports car like handling (once suspension is "fixed" by good springs, sways, strut bar, and great rubber)
- Pretty good low end and midrange power/torque
- It's HUGE interior, esp for its size
- It's small exterior
- Comfortable seating front and rear-> esp. the generous head and leg room in the backseats
- Amazing versatility
- Mod-ability (Of course, I've modded, at least somewhat, EVERY car I've owned- the ones I actually like very much so. But, I even modded the one I DIDN'T like-> like the inherited Crown Vic that the B, thankfully, replaced)
A-men, bro :)! (Likewise the value, Geezer)

·
Registered
846 Posts
When I talk to others about the xB, I show them the interior. I get the same response from them- the amazing amount of space. It's funny, they look at the outside, then the inside, then the outside again, and seem impressed. I just smile.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Mine isn't show, but it's the very first car I've ever really made mods to (outside of radio and speakers) and I've made plenty. I think Scion's description as a "blank canvas" is dead on. That modding process is what got me started on my previous car (it had died, but I was able to resuscitate it) and it's changed a fair amount too, though mostly within the engine compartment, but elsewhere as well! I ended up making a number of mods to both that equalize features I liked in the other :)!
The mod's are endless. The best thing I like about the B is the fact that it comes apart really easily. It only takes one or two size sockets-wrenches to remove almost everything. All the rest are held in place by clips, snaps, or screws. To remove a panel, just pull.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The mod's are endless. The best thing I like about the B is the fact that it comes apart really easily. It only takes one or two size sockets-wrenches to remove almost everything. All the rest are held in place by clips, snaps, or screws. To remove a panel, just pull.
Ain't that the truth. Honestly I don't think I would have as many mods if it weren't for this. Try that with most any other car. It took me 4 hrs to convert a Benz to HIDs. Dammm Germans!

·
Registered
8 Posts
the xB can carry more bodies than my last car (2). the xB can carry 4 snowboards + groceries + subwoofer with tons of room left. the xB seats can fold down and act as a mock up bed for resting while on thousand mile road trips. the xB saves me $10.50 per fill up over my old car with an additional 22 more miles per tank.

all of this was incapable in my last ride.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.