Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a new RS 7.0

What are the widest tires for the front & rear that will fit? I would prefer to stay 18" wheels or 17". Also what wheel offsets?

Thanks.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The widest TIRE is 235. Now . . .
Get a wheel that fits on that size tire.
For wider than 8", you'll need lower than the factory 40 or 45 offsets. People have put on 10" wide rims.

(As I am more interested in smaller rims w/ wide tires, others on here will better in the info you need for wide and the proper offsets for the wider width. I'm running 225/50/16s on 16x7 rims w/ 45 offsets. There aren't any rubbing issues
)

Back to point:
How do you want the rim/rubber connection to look? That will also affect how you want the rubber/rim width to balance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TartanJack said:
The widest TIRE is 235. Now . . .
Get a wheel that fits on that size tire.
For wider than 8", you'll need lower than the factory 40 or 45 offsets. People have put on 10" wide rims.

(As I am more interested in smaller rims w/ wide tires, others on here will better in the info you need for wide and the proper offsets for the wider width. I'm running 225/50/16s on 16x7 rims w/ 45 offsets. There aren't any rubbing issues
)

Back to point:
How do you want the rim/rubber connection to look? That will also affect how you want the rubber/rim width to balance.
You have to excuse me on being king of puzzled, I'm familiar with American Muscle iron mainly and for instance on my 96 Impala SS I run 275/40-17" on 9.5 inch wheels because that is the correct wheel size for the tire to give the best traction and longest life.

I guess what I'm looking for is the widest tire and the correct rim (width & offset) to fit under the front and rear of my new Scion xB RS7.0 AND will fit inside the fender wells with no rubbing. Again I would prefer 17" or 18" maximum diameter wheels (WAY too many potholes in my town)

I would guess the RS 7.0 MIGHT be different than other 2010 xB's due to the TRD lowering springs. My wife will NOT allow me to modify the fender wells. (Mainly is HER ride)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had a quick questions I'm looking into getting some rims for my 2010 xb I was looking at the konig lace an my buddy selling a pair they are 18x9.5 with -38 offset tire are 245/40/18 zr's I have the trd lowering kit do you guys know if these rims while fit without rubbing ? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.