Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
318 Posts
welcome!

are you just going to take the stock tip off and replace it with this one? i don't know about performance but it would stick out about a foot from the back of the car. if you were planning on replacing the rear resonator with that, youd have to get some exhaust work done to make it work right.

· Registered
474 Posts
xsalvationx said:
Hey guess I'm new to this website. I will own a 2010 XB very soon in a couple of weeks. I was looking to getting a exhaust tip for my box but I was told that it will reduce performance. Is this true? Here is the item http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...VI&its=I&otn=2&category=33636#ht_11032wt_1008

Let me know if I should or should not get this.
Save your money...replace at least from the axle back....plus, I don't think that the item you linked will work as a exhaust tip.

Brewski

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I basically just want to add a cool looking exhaust to get that deep low tone sound. Do I have to get a turbo kit for just the sound? I don't really want to upgrade my engine or what not.

· Registered
318 Posts
there's about 10+ aftermarket catback and axleback exhausts out there. check out fastscions.com and trdsparks.com. there are also dozens of clips on youtube for the sounds of each

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
The Strup is REALLY nice.
Before Sanitarium last year, I hadn't heard of them. Now, I am thinking of getting the header and exhaust. Fast Scions is one of the best prices I've seen on them. Also, right now, he is having specials on them too.

For the Borla dual, I'd look at Sparks TRD. It is an axel-back. The tone is nice and deep. A friend in Greenville, SC has one.

· Registered
318 Posts
xsalvationx said:
After viewing the videos I think Im sold on this one

http://www.fastscions.com/Scion-xB-DC-Sports-SCS-Axle-Back-Exhaust.aspx

How easy is it really to install? I don't know jack about installing anything on cars so would I still be able to read the instructions? How much does it usually cost to have someone know what they are doing install it?
hope i dont burst your bubble but that exhaust only fits the 2004-2007 xB. i really like the borla duals as well. the magnaflow catback is nice, but in the only video on youtube of it, the guy replaced the center muffler part of the stock exhaust with a high flow cat so it sounds ricey (no offense to anyone)

· Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha its cool man, I'm new to this whole car thing. A lot of people have been telling me to get the TRD exhaust that you can get at the Toyota dealerships, but they are so damn expensive! Which ones work well with the 2010 models? Please help me out ha.

· Registered
474 Posts
Sovereign said:
xsalvationx said:
After viewing the videos I think Im sold on this one

http://www.fastscions.com/Scion-xB-DC-Sports-SCS-Axle-Back-Exhaust.aspx

How easy is it really to install? I don't know jack about installing anything on cars so would I still be able to read the instructions? How much does it usually cost to have someone know what they are doing install it?
hope i dont burst your bubble but that exhaust only fits the 2004-2007 xB. i really like the borla duals as well. the magnaflow catback is nice, but in the only video on youtube of it, the guy replaced the center muffler part of the stock exhaust with a high flow cat so it sounds ricey (no offense to anyone)
I had a muffler shop intall my axle back...only because I didn't want to jack it up an crawl under it...it is a simple job but they charged $40 for the install. As for the other mods listed below they were all "did-it-myself".

Brewski

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.