Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of researching which backup camera to install in a 2014 XB. I want it to be an easy plug and play install. I was initially going to get the Camera Source kit. Now that the 2015s have a backup camera does anyone know if the 2015 camera can be retroed into a 2014?

Yes, I understand that the 2015 wire harness and head units might be different. Just checking to see if anyone did any research on what might be needed.
Thanks.

· Registered
206 Posts
I can only assume it'll work in yours because the 2014 rs came with a back up camera. Camera source claims it's plug and play but you have to add one trigger wire to the harness and they provide the jumper wire. I want to also eventually install it in mine.

· Registered
206 Posts
I had the dealer install the Camera Source camera in my 2014. It works well. They charged me 3 hours labor to install the camera, a Curt trailer hitch, and trailer wiring.
That's a cool dealer to install a hitch, especially that it's not recommended for the xB and the aftermarket camera, I like my dealer but I don't think they'd do that for me. Do you know if the camera source was just "plug &
play?"

· Registered
13 Posts
I didn't do it, (dealer did it), but looking at the instructions, it depends what you mean by plug and play.
You have to drill a hole in the hatch garnish to put in the camera. The kit comes with the proper sized hole saw. Then run the cable inside the hatch to the main body, so you are removing trim and body interior panels. Then along the sills, again removing panels, up to under the dash. You have to remove the radio and plug in the connector, and there's a tap that may have to be connected. A couple of ground wires have to be hooked up too.
So, yes, everything is there and no modifications to wiring have to be made. But a lot of work removing panels and things that I would rather leave to the pros.
If you are comfortable removing interior panels and trim and the radio, then I think you shouldn't have any problems. Check out Camera Sources website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.