Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son got me a set of window deflectors, but the guy he bought them from( I think ebay) sold him a pair of '04 and up, knowing I had an 08.

Sam emailed him explaining they don't fit, and the guy acted like he didn't know of the model change and wants pics that they don't fit...

problem is we live 150 miles from Sam....so I have to get a tape measure and take pics of that on the window, then Sam has to take pics of the deflectors with the tape measure..

what a crock, the guy should be able to go to any xB site and see that there was a model change in '08.

A friend and neighbor has a first generation xB and we are thinking of getting pics of both together to show the guy.

But any window deflector site will show that there is a difference...the guys just being a hard ***...why is he selling stuff that he has no knowledge of???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clark, thanks for the diagrams, they may be helpful...

lostcause.... my son bought them for me, he didn't say ebay...but just from whats he's told me , sounds like thats where it was... but yeah, good advice.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
LostcausexB said:
NEVER BUY AUTO PARTS FROM EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVERN NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gee, I don't know about that.. never is an awful long time.

I bought fog lights from there. Not exactly plug and play, but they do work.

I would caution that you absolutley have to do some homework before you buy.

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
boblamb58 said:
LostcausexB said:
NEVER BUY AUTO PARTS FROM EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVERN NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would caution that you absolutley have to do some homework before you buy.
I second that. I bought my deflectors from the seller scionsport, who had great feedback but I took it a step further. I checked his history and found a few people who previously bought them. I sent them a note thru ebay and asked them how they liked them. I had 2 responses fairly quickly with one emailing pictures and telling me where to set my offer price for the best price. I love mine, I think they're different then most and really add to the lines of the car.

good luck in your case.

·
Registered
130 Posts
On a side note, I've noticed that the power windows on my '08 xB freeze up in the winter VERY EASILY. If any moisture gets under the space where the window meets the window seal, it freezes up and the power windows fail. Would the window deflectors help with this, or are they purely cosmetic?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
I am not a huge fan of ebay either, but I have purchased a few small things. I have a paypal account from when I was a vendor, so I use that for ebay purchases which makes it better. I bought the LED's for my gauge cluster and the gauge face...simple things. For major parts, add-ons, mods I use larger distributors. Of course, it never hurts to do research, ask questions, check feedback on any supplier.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I've used ebay alot, between the car and bike and I have gotten some real good deals and so far no problems. I had one item i purchased for my bike that was wrong (my fault) and was still able to get a refund. I always check out other sites/distributers to ensure I'm paying a fair price. I also pay attention to the sellers rating and if it isn't above 99.7, I don't bother. just my 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
566 Posts
"Let the buyer beware" should be ebay's motto, even more so for craigslist.

It would be nice to know who the seller was for your deflectors so the rest of us can avoid the same experience.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Geezer said:
"Let the buyer beware" should be ebay's motto, even more so for craigslist.

It would be nice to know who the seller was for your deflectors so the rest of us can avoid the same experience.
I'll check with my son, haven't heard anything, just that the guy(seller) appreciated Sam sending him pics and info........

I sent an xB site that you could click onto every year and see the model... that oughta be able to show him, plus the diagram clark posted and pics with a tape measure on the windows of my xB and Samsgetting pics of the deflectors measured.

That oughta be enough...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.