Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the XB already has tint on it. But for me it's not dark enough.

If I want to go darker, can I just lay darker tint over the existing tint? Or does the first layer need to be removed?

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
I've gone w/ 5% (limo) on my past three cars, but I don't think any of them were as dark stock as the xB is in the rear... I was thinking of going 35% to make up the difference, but will probably decide once I get to the shop... Check out the following thread by lvbitwiz, who used 35% :)

http://newscionxb.com/image_gallery/my_classic_silver_08-t124.0.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you want to go super dark do what i did. i did 5% all the way around (on top of all the stock rear tint and front driver and passenger sides) plus a 35% on the whole front windshield. it looks sooo nice, and during the day it is no problem, but i will admit at night is sometimes almost too dark, when parking i almost always need to roll my windows down.

i will try to get you some pics of it asap

·
Registered
31 Posts
Be carefull on adding more tint because of state laws are different in each state. I have been reading more and more of folks being pulled over due to excessive tint on their windows and from what I read its not such a cheap ticket either. I know Washington state has a specified amount of tint you can have and when I live in AZ years ago they were pulling over cars with excessive tint on the windows because a sherrif had been shot at and he had stated he could not see into the car when he pulled it over so they changed the law.

God bless
John

·
Registered
635 Posts
Yeah the list is so long now that I quit writing it and I just created a excel spreadsheet with a list of mods and rough costs of each. And it is pretty big now, and the cost is up there. :eek:

·
Registered
266 Posts
yanges said:
that looks good Ross! wonder if it would be too dark on a SuperWhite?

so you put 18% over all windows? are you able to see out the drivers window easily?
I think it would look great on a super white. I don't have any issues with visibility, except when looking out the rear when trying to back up due to our weak reverse light. When I use the side mirrors it's a little better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts