Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im trying to buy some window visors but i wanna know if anyone knows the difference between in-channel kits and the tape on ones? both seem the same but yeah just wanna know which one is better, wanna buy myne asap. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
The difference is as you stated, in-channel and tape on. i personally like the in channel ones that i have on my matrix (weather tech) vs the tape on ones (AVS). it is mostly a matter of preference. i didnt like the idea of "tape on" during the time. since it is only secured by tape they can be stolen easily. i had a friend that had an si with the jdm tape on visors and they ended up getting stolen.

·
Registered
559 Posts
i ordered me some seamless vent visors the other day. Its beginning to rain and i hate when i roll my windows down at starbucks and flood my interior. This should help. Also with ventilation.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I've tried to keep quite, but there is one thing people should realize . . .

There are only a VERY few manufacturers of these things world-wide. The best come from exactly TWO companies, regardless of the name or logo on them.
Arguably the best of the two is Autovent Shades (AVS). Their own branded ones are the cheapest for quality there is. Many of the other branded ones are the exact same thing, but with other logos and higher prices for the privilege.
If the vents your looking for look practically exactly like the AVS ones, there is a VERY good chance that they ARE the same thing.

(I can't state my source, but it is reliable and I'd put my own money on it happily.)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sounds good to me, i like the seamless ones, not a big fan of the in-channel ones.. tape-ons just look so much better to me

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have the in channel Weather Tech and have no complaints. Do what makes YOU happy.

·
Registered
658 Posts
AVS makes an in-channel and they also make the seamless. They're either/or, not both.
Ya, after thinking about that for another 2 seconds I realized it would be possible but very foolish (and horribly designed) to do a seamless in-chanel. :clown:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dam that looks so clean, where did you buy yours from? @samcarroll

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
word, ive been watching 3 different ones on ebay just not sure which one to buy =x

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i love these visors. The only thing i can say negative is the ocassional time where the window hits them when rolling up fast. Otherwise, i love them.
haha nice, i cant find any seamless ones on ebay though, only the jdm style ones. but i will keep looking, and hey i think its time you update the pic in your signature haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.