Scion XB Forum banner

Would you add a top windshield tint strip?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Oh hell yeah. Can't live in AZ without one. Sooner or later, you'll be driving Westbound during sunset and will understand what I'm saying. It also helps to combat the asshats that install HIDs and are too retarded to aim their housings, thus blinding you. I just sit up straight and a little to the left and it helps prevent me from being blinded.

·
Registered
474 Posts
:sick: IMO they look like crap! Use your visor and/or turn your ball-cap with the brim to the front!

Brewski :rofl:

·
Registered
286 Posts
What if I don't where a cap? ;) I will be putting a tint strip on my wife's xb because it will flow well with the AVS Seamless Ventvisors I just installed. I like the look anyway.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Ever since I have gotten my tint put on my windows and a tint visor across the top of my windshield, it has been so much better! so worht it, especially here in AZ like quckPOT said! You won't regret it!

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
A top strip also frames a scikotics logo well.  That could look pretty cool.
(Edit: Wrong forum. Make that whatever logo you want, as long as it is legal on a windshield.

That said, I don't like window strips, or visors for that matter.  I don't have them on my Miata and may simply not reinstall them when I recover the headliner.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
We just tell it like it is here. On some forums, you would get all kinds of arguments.

I have a windshield banner which is solid and has "There be dragons..." on it. The same guys who did my vinyl body graphics did the banner. I live in Texas where you need all the help you can get to combat the sun. I had a solid banner on my 4Runner, too, and I'll probably have one on the next vehicle. It's a matter of preference and necessity.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.