Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say i like my xb2.. i like the fact that you don't have to change the oil until 5k miles or tranny for 90k... but i have one thing i hate ! i hate every freaking time i get on a major highway i get rocks smashing my windshield and this time which is the 2nd time the windshield smashed. ! i hear the newer model xb 2009 on up do not have this problem since the windshield is smaller..

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don't think the windshield is smaller on the '09 or '10 xB's. I did read about the '07 and '08's having a problem with rubbing and causing the windshield to break. I thought that issue was addressed on the '09's where they changed the shape of the windshield where it mounted to prevent the rubbing issue. Maybe you're just a rock magnet.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
The windshields are the same size, the difference is in the corner design. The 08s sometimes would crack from body flex rather than rocks. The 09s and 10s are slightly different in the corners.
It isn't noticeable. I only know b/c when my first windscreen had to be replaced, they brought an 08 and it wouldn't fit. They had to leave and come back with another.
That are the same size.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
I've got chips all over the present one, now just waiting for one to vein or a harder hit to have an excuse to get another.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.