Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 1,183 hp and 1,094 foot-pounds of torque, the Ultimate Aero's all-aluminum, twin-turbocharged V8 has more horsepower than any other street-legal production car, another record for which the company is applying.

But wait, there's more.

The car also holds the best-recorded speed for navigating the slalom (73.1 mph), and bests all others in the ever-important weight-to-horsepower ratio (2.33). "A lot of people think that powerful, American supercars are only good at going straight, but our car will out-handle just about anything that you put next to it," Shelby says. "When Road & Track tested a pre-production version of our car, it broke the Ferrari Enzo's slalom course record. It will just take time to get the word out on how capable we are."

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
It's a show on BBC America about cars. They cover everything from high end exotics to small econo cars. They also have some hilarious challenges like building car/boats, stretching cars, launching a car like a rocket, etc. One time they even came to the US and had to drive around the South after painting slogans on their cars intended to get reactions out of locals... you can find a lot of stuff on YouTube.

Here's their site:
http://www.topgear.com

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
That car is amazing. I can't tell for sure but it looks like it has the same rims on it as my car.

I love TopGear, but sometimes they are a bit biased towards certian vehicals. One of my all time favorite episodes was when they took a diesal pickup, toyota I think, and tried to kill it. The drove the crap out of it, let it wash out to sea, set it on fire, and some other things. They ended up craning it to the top a high rise that was being demolished. After the building was demolished they dug out the truck and cranked it up and it ran. Granted the frame was broke in half but it still ran and was technicaly drivable save for the frame.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts