Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined the forum because I've got the bug to buy a nice Gen 1 XB (never owned one b4 but always liked them). Everything on my local CL, e bay and nearby sleazy used car dealerships has either been in a wreck or other oddball stuff makes me highly suspicious. Didn't see anything on this site classifieds thought I'd reach out to membership-hope this is acceptable way to do that. I'm looking actually for stock basically no or minimum mods automatic (my wife will be driving it a lot)-well maintained more important to me than super low mileage though both is a bonus. I can travel for the right car and willing to pay fair price. Got any leads? Richard 3 zero 1-633-7966. Thank you!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I kept looking at several craigslist in cities up to 400 miles away. I looked for a long time to find a 5 speed Gen 1 xB that had never been crashed, and had an exemplary dealer service record.

I live in Las Vegas, and ended up with a one owner car from Ontario, CA. The one I finally purchased had all services performed at the same Toyota Dealership (I reviewed all the the service receipts)... It has a few minor dents, and a few scratches from shopping carts, and still shines from the fresh wash and wax. The car has been driven almost 2,000 in less than a month (new purchase for me) and gets great mileage, performs better than expected on the city streets and highway.

I did have a scare the day after I had driven car from California, to Vegas: belt was slipping next morning, upon inspection the belt was cracked and needed replacing, it was the reason Air Conditioning was not capable of handling the 116 °F days when I arrived in Vegas.

Also did an Air conditioning evac and recharge that was a bit more of an expense than I wanted with a new purchase, but I needed to be certain there were no leaks, and everything was good to stay cool in this warm summer climate.

Wish you the best, it is a fun car to drive.

JR

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks JR.

Part of me says just go and buy a much newer "certified" XB from a Scion dealership but something about the Gen 1 cars keeps calling to me.

Seems to be rare find on Craigslist that's not partly a scam or deceptive. I went out to look at one by a seller locally not sure how but I think the odometer was rolled back (27K). He claimed to be the person on the title but "Steve" turns out to be somebody else searching his phone records and real property listing on his home he said he owns. "Steve" says CarMax offered him $7500 for it when I opened the glove box there was a page of CarMax paperwork he grabbed that and palmed it lightning fast.

I'll keep up the search and hope something comes up like yours with decent service records.

Enjoy your new ride.

Richard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.