Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a set of stock front door speakers, from those who have upgraded their stereo systems.

I got some 6.5 Pioneer aftermarket speakers and I'm not entirely happy, as they are about the same as the old paper one (which I managed to destroy making mounting places for the aftermarket ones). So much so that I'm NOT planning to install the ones I got for the front . . .

I'd like to try a stock front set mounted in the rear doors.
If you have some sitting around, let me know.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I was looking to do this too. Then I saw a recommendation for a website called cowboom.com. It is a subsidiary of Best Buy. It looks like they sell all of the demo equipment. Many items have free shipping too. I just saw a decent pair of Infinity 6.5's for less than $30 with free shipping! Infinity 6022I 6-1/2in 2-Way Car Speakers - Pair - CowBoom Store When you select an item click on "choose best available" and it will give you a list of how many they have and exactly what they include. Many are missing grills or mounting hardware, but some things are complete or missing something easily replacable like speaker wire. There are many good deals and some not so great.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got some, from a fairly new forum member too.
For an AMAZING deal!
I'm gonna post a thread on what it takes to install the fronts into the rear housing. They don't just "plug right in" and some cutting needs to take place. I also took some shots of how I modded the original rear housings to mount the 6.5 aftermarket ones into the rear doors.
Gotta get the pictures uploaded first . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.