Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
Id highly highly recommend looking around at other intakes, unless you have your heart set on cold air, then TRD is def the way to go. I absolutely loved my cold air intakes on all my other cars, until I got a short ram intake for my xB. This this is awesome, adds great sound to the engine, and I never have to worry about hydrolocking since it's above the engine.

Weapon on Secret Weapon short ram intake is my suggestion.

·
Premium Member
2,526 Posts
easier than the CAI, IMO.

just take out your current airbox, be careful with the mass air flow censor, take out the snorkel, and the the short ram is like 3 screws and 1 piece of plastic pipe. It takes less than an hour if you know what you're doing.

and all the parts are up high in the engine bay, it doesnt go below where the stock airbox is like the CAI, so everything is easily accessible. Hardest part is getting your current air intake out haha.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a Fujita CAI i took off my 09 XB. I really liked it, just selling the XB and decided to part out some things. has a great sound and like any CAI, you can feel the diff in power.

http://www.newscionxb.com/129-classifieds/8999-fs-fujita-cai-xb2.html

You wont have to worry about hydrolocking, I dont think the filter ever sits low enough to pull in any real water. I have gone through puddles that came over my bottom lip, gone through numerous car washes, etc, never even got wet and I have side vents that are open, not the solid plastic ones that were stock. Not sure how the new XB's are though.

let me know if interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.