Scion XB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strup stainless header for sale. Will include the strup CEL eliminator (apx 100 miles of use). I bought this header used (was told it had apx 14k miles on it), bolted it on, drove it home and back to work the next day and removed it. Too loud for me with my cat back exhaust system with scuba delete. Had a good exhaust note, just too much volume for my old arse..

$125.00 plus shipping (lower 48 only)

Thanks
-Mark

·
Registered
601 Posts
Interesting that this is louder. I guess it flows better. Makes me wonder if it would be better to have a better flowing header or better flowing cat-back. And maybe having less modified exhaust with this header would be better performance wise and less loud than highly modified exhaust and stock header (for someone that likes a little more performance but not a lot more noise). Any thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I googled headers I found that the header was the single biggest power adder as far as exhaust was concerned. It increases flow dramatically due to the removal of the catalytic converter. So performance wise, yes, the header would be the best choice. My belief is that your volume level is still going to increase significantly due to the removal of the cat, I can not confirm this as I had the rest of the exhaust and a cai prior to installing the header.

·
Premium Member
2011 Scion xB Release Series 8.0 SoundWave
747 Posts
Looks almost like my Strup header. This thing really does add the power

·
Registered
601 Posts
When I googled headers I found that the header was the single biggest power adder as far as exhaust was concerned. It increases flow dramatically due to the removal of the catalytic converter. So performance wise, yes, the header would be the best choice. My belief is that your volume level is still going to increase significantly due to the removal of the cat, I can not confirm this as I had the rest of the exhaust and a cai prior to installing the header.
I appreciate that info, that's good to know.

·
Royal Floor Sweeper
4,338 Posts
Unless informed otherwise, closed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.