Scion XB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you read in the title.
I had a NASCAR header builder install a Magnaflow 4x8" High Flow Metallic cat with 2.5" inlet to a 2.5" outlet cat (this makes it legal). It then flows into a Magnaflow 14 x6" round, 2.25" in & 2.25" out. It then flows along the same location of the OEM exhaust over the rear axle (all mandrel bends) into a Magnaflow 14x4" round 2.25" in & 2.25" muffler to a stealth little SS tip. One could have any tip installed. The OEM tip slips right over the end, one could have a tip tack welded on very easy. The "sound" sounds like a TRD muffler/system but has a much better flow with a little HP gain.

I'm looking for a stock system from the "S" pipe back. I'm asking $150 plus your stock system. I paid $700 cash plus paid for the high flow cat. Our xB is being sold. Looking for someone in AZ. I will do the change over as I have all the tools for the removal & install.

Please PM me / or call me @ 480-415-4755 / or direct email me @ [email protected].

I need to do something ASAP! As I said, we are selling the 2012 xB White with 5 spd manual trans.

Thanks for your time,
AZ / Randy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump!
I want to get this exhaust system off so we can post the xB for sale. Here's the guy who built the exhaust system. He very old school and doesn't advertise because he has a back log of work. His work is unreal, I found out about him from a owner of an Miata that had a Ford V8 motor placed in it. Looked like it came from the factory this way. Rob did the complete job and built the headers & exhaust for the Miata.

McCabe Racing - Company Profile

Now I'm looking for a stock exhaust system with low miles. We are selling the xB to get a truck, we just need a truck.

Randy

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, I forgot to tell you all to look to the left hand side, tab on the blue "Project Vehicles" to see some of Rob's work. The black corvette in the photos was only half done when the photos were taken. I got to see it completed in his storage garage. Someone bought the corvette and had an enclosed tractor trailer go to Rob's house to pick it up a few weeks after I saw it.

A project Rob was welding up was a World War II fighter plane exhaust system. The owner of the plane had an old motor and front fairing of the plane truck into Rob's shop, the owner raced old planes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought an stock exhaust system & installed it. Man I forgot how quite the OEM system is and how much it kills HP.

I will take some photos and post the exhaust system from "S" back to the tip for sale. Photos should be posted around turkey day 2012.

Again it's an; Magnaflow 4x8" High Flow Metallic cat with 2.5" inlet to a 2.5" outlet cat (this makes it legal). It then flows into a Magnaflow 14 x6" round, 2.25" in & 2.25" out. It then flows along the same location of the OEM exhaust over the rear axle (all mandrel bends) into a Magnaflow 14x4" round 2.25" in & 2.25" muffler to a stealth little SS tip. One could have any tip installed. The OEM tip slips right over the end, one could have a tip welded on very easy. The "sound" sounds like a TRD muffler/system but has a much better flow with a little HP gain.

I will be asking $350 plus shipping.

AZ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.