Scion XB Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I am not sure that post is valid to our vehicla. I didn't read the whole thing of course, but the dates start in 2006 before the new xB's were being made. I do know that there was a pillar re-call on earlier versions of the gen2 causing noise in the dash, but not sure about cracking windshields. That should be fixed by now on newer xB's

·
Registered
195 Posts
Yeah peoples replies are from way back when. They're referring to Gen 1 xB. Ha, and the person mentions that everyone in Texas has a cracked window. Maybe it's a Texas thing so I'm not worried. Just make sure you don't drive behind construction trucks or trucks holding dirt because debris is always falling off.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I keep hearing a popping sound from my right hand A pillar. I haven't desided if its from -15F temps, ice, snow or if it is a loose panel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sonicmyk said:
...Maybe it's a Texas thing so I'm not worried. Just make sure you don't drive behind construction trucks or trucks holding dirt because debris is always falling off.
I've had my NEW xb since the 2nd week of January, I already have about 12 very small chips in the windshield, 3 dents in the nose, and about 8 chips in the paint on mine. :( I got all of them on 3 different trips through Mississippi.

We use the xb's for service vehicles, I don't expect the windshield to last the year. All our vehicles will end up with busted windshields eventually. Now to find that touch up paint....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Frostwolf said:
Sonicmyk said:
...Maybe it's a Texas thing so I'm not worried. Just make sure you don't drive behind construction trucks or trucks holding dirt because debris is always falling off.
I've had my NEW xb since the 2nd week of January, I already have about 12 very small chips in the windshield, 3 dents in the nose, and about 8 chips in the paint on mine. :( I got all of them on 3 different trips through Mississippi.

We use the xb's for service vehicles, I don't expect the windshield to last the year. All our vehicles will end up with busted windshields eventually. Now to find that touch up paint....
I'm having the same problem here in Michigan...but Michigan roads suck!!

I just recently got a huge *** crack along the bottom of my windshield...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Shancopp said:
Just looking at the last page, posts 142 and 148 talk about 08s having trouble too.
Yep.... the 2008 xB has a windshield stress crack problem just like to 1st Gen did. Perhaps the shock tower stiffener should be a stock item?

I have 17,000 miles on my xB (purchased it in April of 2007), and the window cracked in Jan of 08.
The dealer dope traces the crack with a pen and as soon as he felt some resistance he says its a chip. All stress cracks will throw a glass chip when the window flexes.

I saw when the window cracked and it was after a fresh snowfall on a unplowed road with about 6 inches of snow. It seems the uneven driving conditions cause the body to flex too much. Just today another crack appeared just below the first with the same type of curve, both on the driver side from the lower 1/3 of the A pillar.

Perhaps my insurance company will fix the window, but I don't think this is a stone chip problem. The body seems to be flexing and causing the crack. If the insurance company gets wise they won't fix the window. i field a complaint with the Toyota help line and the NTSB. I think my experience may be what's in store for many xB's, but my mileage is a little more than most owners.

bill

bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts